cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with email to aol.com?

jmd
Grafter

problems with email to aol.com?

I have tried sending email to friends who have aol.com addresses and they have all been returned saying aol.com is incorrect?
Has anyone else had this problem?
5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: problems with email to aol.com?

Are you sending the messages using your own mail server? If not then do you have a copy of the failed delivery report, preferably with full sanitised mail headers? (ie. post the mail headers but disguise your mail address to avoid it being picked up by spammers)

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jmd
Grafter

No - I don't use my own mail server I used force 9.  It is odd because everyone else got copies of the email I forwarded. Not sure how to forward the undelivered mail so deleted it.
jmd
Grafter

well, have tried sending emails again and at the third attempt they have not [yet] bounced back to me!
Must have been an aol problem............
LiamM
Grafter

The likely cause is that just one of PlusNet's outgoing mail servers has been 'blacklisted' by AOL.  Because they are a number of them (outgoing mail servers), it's probably that your email (when sending) hit a different PlusNet outgoing server and thus was forwarded on to the AOL user without any issues.
God
Grafter

Sadly AOL seem to be a law unto themselves in so many respects. When folks ask me to sort out their PC's and they say they are with AOL it sends a shiver down my spine.