cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with broadband speed (not just pcl-ag04)

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re:problem with broadband speed (not just pcl-ag04)

That's great news, thanks Paul. We're not relaxing yet though.
paulh
Rising Star

Re: problem with broadband speed (not just pcl-ag04)

Could someone explain this ticket that's been opened and closed (but not by me): [quote="PN"]Question Topic: Your Question | ID: 30876082 Closed
Your comment 1:00am, Saturday 21st November 2009
Generic Modify Transaction order to turn interleave OFF, BT setting of 'Auto', (not a change of product) has been rejected.
name removed CSC - Team Managers 10:08am, Tuesday 24th November 2009
Your order has now been placed and will complete within the next 24 hours.Kind regards,
Name removed
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

One of the good things about Plusnet - most changes made to your account get recorded in a place you can see and that's in the tickets (why they insist on calling them questions when a lot of them are not questions lord alone knows!).
It looks like the first attempt at turning interleaving off failed and a manual order has been placed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
paulh
Rising Star

That's sort of what I guessed too Jelv (I hadn't requested that, so I assume Bob Pullen has instigated it to see if it bumps my speeds a bit) but I suppose I'll  need to reboot my router to see if interleave has actually come off ... I'm slightly loth to do so, as I seem to be on a "quick connection" at the moment with thn-ag1 ... I realise this is irrational, but so many people seem to have poor speeds still and mine are back to normal!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'd agree with you - leave well alone!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
goberpiles
Grafter

I am in the same situation and compleatly sick of it, had cause to complain for 4 weeks as I could not play Fifa 10 online on my PS3, awful speeds on WOW and browsing web sites, got moved to the Pro traffic managment 2 weeks ago, an NO PROBLEMS for two weeks, got moved back to Premium on 23rd November and guess what, rubbish speeds on web pages, bad ping on WOW and cannot play Fifa 10 again, I am sick of it, sick of excuses from Plusnet, I just want to be able to game without worrying about letting my friends down its not too much to ask I have been patient now for about 3 months and ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Bob has not even had the decency to reply to my messege sent to him last night and to be honest I am fuming as I think Plusnet are taking the mickey out of a lot of us.
paulh
Rising Star

well my connection got reset today (not by me and not a full reboot, just PPP disconnect and restart) and interleave is still showing as on so it's still a mystery to me what it was all about