cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

premier option1 good for gaming?

sinewave
Grafter

premier option1 good for gaming?

I'm currently languishing on the legacy product BB Premier Option 1. I have just recently got an xbox and am joining the world of online gaming. I'm wondering if the more recent PN packages would be more suitable for gaming.
I'm also wondering if there is any advantage to me switching to a different "product" - or is newer not necessarily better than old in this case?
TIA
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: premier option1 good for gaming?

Hi there,
Your current product should be perfectly ample for gaming.  Gaming traffic will be in the titanium queue and you should have no problems.
By all means, give us a shout if you experience any difficulties and we'll see what we can do for you.
sinewave
Grafter

That was quick! nice one 🙂
I've just been looking at the tables for download speeds on prem1 as shown here...
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/bb_premier1.shtml
This says, to me, that between 4pm and midnight download sites are limited to 512kbs! Am I being dumb? Have I got his right??? I'm a bit surprised as I have to say I haven't noticed such slowdowns.
Would I see a noticeable improvement in download speeds if I switched to Broadband Your Way Pro?
James
Grafter

Hi there,
That speed restriction is only applicable to a few sites such as "Rapidshare".  Otherwise normal web speeds are affected in any way.