cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor csc communications

harps1h
Grafter

poor csc communications

I have a ticket into PN as BT have decided to re profile from 7150 to 2000 overnight, taking a rock solid 6.70+ connection to around 1.7. Pn to their credit action-ed on it very quickly and got it reset to 7150 but this only lasted a few days and now I am back to square 1. I put an addition to my ticket on Saturday to this effect, but to date it has been a wall of silence. This frustrating as I am a gamer and BF3 is out on Friday. It took over 14 hours to download an 11gb file!! Can anybody please shed some light as to what is going on?
9 REPLIES 9
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: poor csc communications

What is your current sync speed? Has the router been restarted since the IP Profile dropped?
David
itsme
Grafter

11gB file. Are game programmers so inefficient when coding?
harps1h
Grafter

my sync speed is 8128 and my profile used to be 7150 and I live less than 300 metres from the exchange.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi harps1h,
I'm surprised it hasn't raised by now. Your connection has been solid for over 3 days. I'll reset the SNR, that can often give the profile a kick. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know how it goes.
Jojo Smiley
harps1h
Grafter

thanks jojo, but why does this happen? after all my sync never changes, i rarely drop connection and live virtually on the exchange doorstep. the house is a new build (5 years old), so it is not old wiring. all extensions were put in at the time of build also. one other thing, do you need a reboot of the router?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've no idea why it happens to be honest, I just know that it can sometimes. Nothing's changed as yet but I'll keep checking back. Smiley
harps1h
Grafter

33 hour on and no improvement?? any other ideas?Huh
prichardson
Grafter

I have done some checking and there certainly is some confusion.
The system that essentially performs the management of this things your line signal has never been above 2688 or below 2528 over the past 14 days, though is clearly rubbish. As such, the system is correctly processing the updated profiles around this.
Attached is a graph from BTs systems showing what it thinks.
I am raising a new report to get it looked into why the data is reporting this way.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi harps1h,
I see the faults team have been working on this for you in the last hour.
Jojo Smiley