Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help!!!!! slow broadband speed

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: please help!!!!! slow broadband speed

DrTCP is a small application that runs on your own computer - you don't even need to be connected to the Internet to run it, so time-outs shouldn't happen.
In response to a previous post by Jameseh you should have downloaded DrTCP and stored it somewhere on your PC. However if you deleted it go to this page and download the DRTCP021.exe file and save it on your computer (e.g. on your desktop so you can find it again later).
Then double-click the downloaded file to run it and post what it says in each of the boxes (or attach an image of the window if you know how to do that). If manually recording box contents for posting you can use an abbreviation of the box names.
Please don't change the contents of any of the boxes at this stage.
David
dazzy1503
Grafter

iv just tried another internet connection and it works on my laptop at 5.6mb.so does this mean its my line????
spraxyt
Resting Legend

It depends what service the alternative Internet connection supplied.
Your own router stats are very good so the problem might be with your BT profile or PlusNet's mirroring of this. However PlusNet said previously these were what they should be.
So maybe there is an internal problem with your wiring. When you tried the alternative connection did you use a different cable to connect your laptop to the router?
David
dazzy1503
Grafter

i went wireless,iv only lived in this house for a short time and i have just found a new telephone socket (which was hiding behind the bed!!) Grin and its connected to a bt isdn2e will that be effecting anything?Huh
spraxyt
Resting Legend

ISDN circuits are normally independent of the standard telephone connection (on which broadband is carried). However I imagine anything is possible, perhaps you should call BT Retail on 150 and ask them how the ISDN circuits were previously provisioned.
If the ISDN circuits are still live I assume you will be receiving a quarterly bill for around £100 for them.
David
dazzy1503
Grafter

we are not getting charged for it,so it must not be live???? is there anything i can do????
spraxyt
Resting Legend

If you have doubts about the integrity of your internal wiring getting it checked by a telecoms engineer is an option, preferably someone with broadband expertise. You might find contacts for this in Yellow Pages.
David
dazzy1503
Grafter

how much will that cost????Huh
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Sorry, I don't have a feel for the costs for this sort of work.
David
dazzy1503
Grafter

seen as how iv only had a phone line put in by bt,can they not sort it???
spraxyt
Resting Legend

The phone line provided by BT Retail provides the phone service (voice). You haven't mentioned any problem with that. BT Wholesale provide broadband and the router stats you've supplied suggest that's fine too. So in my opinion there's no indication of a fault in the service up to your master socket where BT responsibility ends.
When you tried one of your laptops on a neighbour's connection (using wireless) you said that was OK too. You also say the speed problem occurs on your own connection whether you connect to your router via wireless or wired.
That leaves the local network side of your router as possibly faulty (or with an incorrect setting). Can you borrow a different router from a friend and try that?
David
dazzy1503
Grafter

tried another router and same speeds.it is really slow!!!and im sick of it lol.What can i do?Huh
spraxyt
Resting Legend

You could try doing what I suggested in an earlier post (this one).
David
dazzy1503
Grafter