cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone line and broadband connection

pat3

phone line and broadband connection

I first reported a problem on 16/06/2018. The phone line has intermittent severe crackle  and the broadband keeps dropping the connection. There has been 3 engineers out to fix it and the last visit was 02/07/18. every time its supposed to be fixed half an hour later the problems start again. I added a comment to the ticket the following day to say it was not fixed and I am still waiting for the support team to respond. I've now been waiting for a reply for 7 days. I have lost count how many times I've rang up and every time had to wait on the line for hours ( 30 mins each time)  before they can even answer call. Paying full price for a service that does not work. tickets keep being opened and closed because its supposed to be fixed and it is not fixed and support team are not responding

8 REPLIES 8
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: phone line and broadband connection

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @pat3

Thanks for getting in touch - I'm really sorry that my colleagues haven't come back to you sooner. I've picked up the fault for you now.

I can see that an engineer attended as you've advised. Having tested your line this evening I can confirm that no external faults exist on your line. As such, to progress this we'd need to arrange for a second engineer to visit your premises via the open ticket on your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=178540476

Before we do that, could you just confirm that you've definitely tried a different corded handset within your premises and have verified that he noise occurs from all sockets?

Let us know via the ticket I've linked above and we'll get this progressed for you.

Best wishes,

Dave

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Make sure there's no fault on your (internal) phone wiring as that would incur a hefty bill from OpenReach.
As Dave aka RANDALLFLAGG advised, use a corded phone in the TEST SOCKET ON YOUR MASTER SOCKET.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

A warm welcome to the forums.

More to the point, remove the faceplate from the master socket and put the phone into the test socket and do the QLT (17070 option 2) check.

If there is a difference with the extension wiring disconnected and it being connected, then the problem is internal.  If the same then the issue is outside of your home.  Have you tried more than one handset?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pat3

I responded to link yesterday and I'm waiting for reply

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

HI @pat3

Thanks for letting me know you'd responded.

I've updated the fault ticket on your account here:

Best wishes,

Dave

pat3

I have responded again

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @pat3

I have booked an appointment for you based on the times given. I have updated your ticket at https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=177438419