cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone and broadband activation

chesterfield
Grafter

phone and broadband activation

Have ordered phone and broadband at a property (different username to this one) and have an engineer booked to setup the line this Friday.
Does anyone know whether because line and broadband have been ordered via plusnet I can expect broadband to be active on the day of the line setup or is there a further wait after the line is installed?
14 REPLIES 14
chesterfield
Grafter

Re: phone and broadband activation

Well, after receiving a voicemail on my mobile a couple of days ago to confirm the enginer appointment between 8am and 1pm today, I have logged in today to see a note on the account saying the order has been cancelled!
So my wife is sat at home waiting for this engineer that seems he wont be turning up.
This note was attached to the account at 1am this morning!
So - who at plusnet or BT is going to pay me a £100 aborted visit charge?  Thats what I believe customers get charged if the boot is on the other foot.
Question #89715162 if anyone at PN is bothered about chasing this up with BT and having them explain to my wife why she has sat in for half a day with a two year old and two month old for no reason, that would be just great.
chesterfield
Grafter

Seems I have my answer about activation at the same time anyway.
Phone line is activated, they must have just reactivated the old line (would have been nice if the engineer had knocked on the door to tell the wife).
No broadband though, and the automatic note on the ticket that was raised was done at 1am this morning, and as there hasn't been an update by anyone from plusnet on it all day, Im assuming that I wont be having broadband activated at the same time.  Nice to see my billing runs from today for it though..  Roll_eyes
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Phone line is activated, they must have just reactivated the old line
I believe it needs 10 days notice for a Simultaneous provide of BB & Phone. So if thereis already a stopped line then it's quicker to restart that line ( can be done in 24 hrs ) and then order BB ( usually 5 days) .
Nice to see my billing runs from today for it though.
That should be sorted automatically when your BB goes live.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chesterfield
Grafter

Ordered 23rd July, so over the 10 days notice.   Its a bit annoying that they couldnt schedule a Broadband activation to coincide with the activation of the phone line.  The only reason I want the phoneline if for broadband as we dont use a landline.
The most annoying aspect is that the automatic ticket/question has been sat there all day since 1am this morning with not a single update from PN.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I'm surprised no one from the Customer Relations Team has picked this up and responded...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chesterfield
Grafter

I remember the days when somebody from PN would have seen the post here, picked up on the issue and updated pretty quickly.
I've recently placed our office broadband with PN too.  Blind loyalty after a decade of being with the same folk appears to have been just that.  Blind.
Still no update on the ticket/question by the way.  Not bad since 1am this moning.  Roll_eyes
chesterfield
Grafter

And still no update.... Sad
chesterfield
Grafter

28 hrs without so much as an explanation of the problem on the ticket, or on this post.
Has service really dropped off to this level at PN now?  Dissapointed.
chesterfield
Grafter

Another thing that has really annoyed me is the phone line has barely been connected for 24 hours and I'm already getting spam marketing phone calls.  Not very good when the wife is at home alone and feeding the two month old.
Kevin
Rising Star

Quick question. If you don't need the land line as a phone line, why have you got a phone plugged in?  Smiley You won't hear the spammers trying to call if it's unplugged!
Kevin.
chesterfield
Grafter

Its only plugged in in case BT or PN try to contact us during the setup.  Once its sorted it will be unplugged, or at least the ringer turned off so we have an emergency phone.  Just annoying that within minutes of the line being active the Mrs was getting a spam call.  I guess we have been allocated a previous number that is on a bunch of databases.
chesterfield
Grafter

Just over 48 hours after the question/ticket was raised, still no update from PN to even explain the issue.
So far I've had an activation date of Friday, an email stating that there was an issue in setting up my broadband and an email to advise that the phone line was live.
Since then, not a single update on the "issue" of broadband not being provided or an explanation why it wasn't activated on the Friday.
chesterfield
Grafter

Now over 3 days since the ticket/question was raised and no info from PN as to why the broadband order was "cancelled"....  Roll_eyes
chesterfield
Grafter

Turns out BT had automatically enabled the broadband before they automated the telephone line activation.  Which means that the system rejected the broadband order because there was no telephone line.
Now I have to wait another week for another order to go through.  PN have offered me a month free for the inconvenience, but its BT's fault, not PN.