cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

order plusnet by phone

waipang
Dabbler

order plusnet by phone

Is it possible to order plusnet by phone?
thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: order plusnet by phone

Yes, sort of. The main problem is you need to somehow agreed to the terms and conditions for the product and supply payment details.
Do you have a modem as you can sign-up online with it without having a contract with any ISP.
Or you could use someone else's broadband connection to sign-up.
Both the above is by far the easiest and less error prone method which PN would prefer you to use.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
We do take signups over the phone if necessary, however get comfy first as it takes around 10 mins to go through the procedure with the agent reading you all the necessary info. Smiley
As Peter says where possible we recommend that people sign up online, and this can usually be done within a couple of minutes if you know which package/username you want.
waipang
Dabbler

ok thanks for the help!!! in relation to the dialup at what rate is it charged at?
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi,
It's charged at lo-call rate (it uses an 0845 number), the exact cost will depend on the time of day and the telephone company, on BT at this time of day about 1.5p per minute.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
holdtight
Grafter

And the dial up number is 08451400101 if your pc has a modem
Just pick a username when the pc asks for it then insert the number and click dial
you will then be able to sign up in around 5 minutes once online
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

You should use signup / signup for login / pass, anything else will be ignored / rejected as it will try a validate you.
holdtight
Grafter

Thats odd Peter i used this method to dial into plusnet on a referrals system a couple of weeks ago and had no problem getting connected
Plusnet even logged me in with the username he had chosen and it was kept as his member name after going through the broadband sign up process
Was this just a fluke should the system have rejected it as i also used the same method with a previous referral also which was some time ago
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Bill_M
Was this just a fluke should the system have rejected it as i also used the same method with a previous referral also which was some time ago

IIRC you can use what details you want as long as you're presenting your CLI (ie. not witholding your telephone number). If you're witholding your telephone number then you'd need to be using a username and password that relates to a live account on the system.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Ianwild
Grafter

You are both partially right.
If you present a valid CLI on that number, you should get connected with just about any username. The exception is when you try to connect with an existing username but you get the password wrong. Then the call will be rejected.
Ian
holdtight
Grafter

Thanks as always Bob & Ian that explains it nicely its also useful for future reference