Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

openreach modem event logs ?

karlos103
Grafter

openreach modem event logs ?

Hi
Im using a homehub 5 at moment and want to fit my original openreach modem and then use hh5 as router .
Can I get event logs from the openreach modem like on hh5?
Trying to find out if I have a line issue or hh5 issue, keeps dropping connection.
I have heard that the hh5 is having mysterious disconnections by other user's, but no fix as yet .
Do I need an unlocked modem to get this info ? If so is it easy to unlock mine or best to buy one unlocked ?
Any help most appreciated…
Karl
3 REPLIES 3
steveuk
Grafter

Re: openreach modem event logs ?

I was reading something lastnight about the homehub 5 and there does seem to be an issue with it that causes d/c's and BT so far can't seem to find the problem.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/02/04/bt_home_hub_5_disconnection_mystery/
If you have the ECI modem you would need to hack it to get the stats and its not exactly a simple thing to do with the ECI modem.
karlos103
Grafter

Thats exactly what I was reading… about disconnects.
Will have to see what modem I have as looks like one is easy and other hard .
Cheers
karlos103
Grafter

Today i have unlocked my openreach modem and connected it to my hh5 ...so now hh5 acts as router only ....i can now see if its a line issue or hh5 issue ...so far no disconnects .
Im guessing the issue is with the firmware on the homehub 5 ....hopefully update will come soon if BT are looking into this issue ...then can remove openrreach modem