cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one satisfied new customer

Kpfran
Grafter

one satisfied new customer

very happy with the new service.Joined Plusnet from the Post Office last week & have seen an improvement in Download speed.
Bearing in mind i live out in the sticks about 4 miles from my exchange on  an old copper line only capeable  of 8Mgbs max.
My speeds with the Post office were around 0.5 to 1.2 Mbps.With Plusnet they are now running around 4 to 6 mbps.
Thank you.... if you can maintain my speeds around the 6 Mbps mark i will be a satisfied customer.
6 REPLIES 6
Kpfran
Grafter

Re: one satisfied new customer

i would also like to add that when i contacted the Post Office for my Mac code they strongly advised me not to change providers...saying that i woudnt see any improvement in line speeds .Quote "we all use the same line so changing wont improve your speed"
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Well that all depends.  Assuming that one is changing on a like for like basis, then their advice would be true.
Based on what you have written I would guess that with the Post Office, you were on a very old up to 2Mbps service.  I would expect that PlusNet has provisioned the best available for your line - 20CN or 21CN depending on the in-exchange equipment provided by BT Openreach.  At your distance, 4-6Mbps is good going!
A view of your router stats would be interesting!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Kpfran
Grafter

Kpfran
Grafter

hi Townman,
thanks for the reply.
One thing that was interesting with the Post Office was that if i did a speed check before 9.30am the Download would always be around the 5 Mbps but everyday after 9.30am it would drop like a stone to below 1 Mbps.
So far with Plusnet the line seems to be holding its speed between 4 Mbps - 6 Mbps all thru the day.
That is what i was hoping for ,a consistent line speed even during peak hrs.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Ah, I see confusion may reign here. The OP is talking about download/throughput speeds whereas the phrasing of the initial post in this thread suggested sync speeds.
Kpfran, I see from one of your previous posts you may not be using the TG582n - which IMHO will hold your connection at least as well as your TP-Link Roll_eyes  - don't rush to change anything btw, 20CN DLM in particular can get a bit aggressive with disconnects, but if you can post the full DSL stats (ie including sync speed, attenuation, SNRM etc) we'll have a better idea about your line to the exchange.
You can get TG582n Full DSL stats by logging in to that link if using it. Just do a copy and paste of the stats.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

It's interesting to know. I initially thought you were speaking of sync speed rather than throughput. As your throughput was plummeting, I'd suggest  the previous issues weren't on the Wholesale/OR network.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team