cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

omg i must be thick!or am i?

chunkstar

omg i must be thick!or am i?

new to plus net got my thomson 585 v8 connects and stays connected but not great range
so got billion 7800n better range but lost broadband connection every day random times but had to reset it sent that back got a t p link 300Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router TD-W8960N same thing happens????Huh
so any ideas the thomson is on now and no problems
4 REPLIES 4
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: omg i must be thick!or am i?

Plug the TP-link into the speedtouch via an ethernet cable, and ensure(on the tp link)
1 It is on the same subnet (192.168.1.252 should be a good IP address)
2 DHCP is off

also switch off wireless on speedtouch.
Ian
chunkstar

really ?why do i have to keep the thomson ?
others have billions and other modem/routers
i just don't understand why when i tried both they failed don't work ,but thomson does whats different?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

There's no good reason (that I can think of) why the Thomson should stay connected to broadband any better than any other ADSL2+ router or modem (maybe just luck).
If the Thomson does stay connected better to the broadband then the suggestion by Ian above makes sense, effectively using the modem part of the Thomsom and the superior wi-fi of the other one (as long as the TP-Link can be configured this way).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Denzil
Grafter

Other people (including me!) have reported this kind of thing as well. Exchanges can be fitted with equipment from a number of different manufacturers. The feeling seems to be that whilst the Broadcom chipsets are usually good, there is something about certain exchanges which makes other chipsets work better.