Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

off peek and peek speeds lately

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

off peek and peek speeds lately

Noticed since about 2 weeks ago that daytime speeds are Less than evening to night time peek.  During the day I consistently get 284kB/s but after 6pm it goes up too 301kB/s.  Might not be much but would have though I should be getting 301 during the day and 284 at night when its busier.
Plus I would have thought that with exchange congestion it would be the other way around.  So whats going on PN, have you started capping speeds during the day?

FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
5 REPLIES 5
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: off peek and peek speeds lately

HI Gus,
your profile is currently 2500k so not sure why your speed are so slow. I would follow our help guide and if that doesn't help then raise a fault.
Jojo Smiley
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I think there is a clash of units here - 284kB/s = 2272kb/s. 301kB/s = 2408kb/s. Both well within standard performance against a 2500kb/s IP profile. What would be more useful is the stats from your router, and the results of a BT Speedtest.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well spotted jaggies Wink
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

The stats haven't changed since switching to Extra and during that process changing from IPstream to MaxAdsl and currently on 21cn.
SNR down on avg is 10-12, 15 on a bad day and 8-9 on a good day.
loop attenuation : 43
When on IPstream I had a 2mbit fixed speed as it was then more stable than Maxadsl, which changed and forced me to switch to Max last year.  So the last 2 weeks ish I have been watching my speeds as they started increasing for no reason, hence this thread about peek/off peek.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Gus,
Normally when people say they're getting different speeds in peak/off peak times it usually a lot more if there is a problem, bearing in mind you are talking about 200k this could be caused by all sorts of reasons. I have conducted speed tests five minutes apart and have had results differing by 1000k but it's nothing I would deem to be a fault, just the way speeds can fluctuate sometimes.
Jojo Smiley