cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

northeast england connection dropping

chappa121170
Hooked

northeast england connection dropping

my connection is dropping quite a bit to the point im resetting router between 2 and 6 times per day ive raised a fault with BT its on going but so far they are saying no fault but an online plusnet admin said its not ringing properly and there is crackling on the line ive changed the filter and removed the actual phone from the connection but what bugging me totally is pn are saying i'll be charged if its found to be my faulty equipment which is extremly odd considering the router is not my equipment it was supplied by plusnet the only thing that was mine was the caller display and phone handset which i have removed so please if this router is "my equipment" and its not doing its job i think plusnet should replace it and another thing plusnet is owned by BT who supply my line also why dont they speak to each other instead of accusing each other of faults

2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: northeast england connection dropping

Hi there and sorry to see you've been having issues with the service.

The router is actually yours but it's deemed to be causing the fault we would replace it free of charge if within warranty, that would also mean that the visit is chargeable however we don't benefit from this or want you to be charged which is why we advise trying alternate equipment if you can before arranging such a visit.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chappa121170
Hooked

Re: northeast england connection dropping

i have to reset the router a few times per day and never my pc so its either the router or the line coming in ive removed the caller ID and handset from the line during the night and it still dropped out and where do i get another router from thats the same as the thompson tg585 v8 that ive had for over 3 yrs so it wont be in warrenty so im thinking if the company charges me i'll just take a different ISP its as simple as that