cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

non plusnet Broardband and home phone cancellation

wacky17
Grafter

non plusnet Broardband and home phone cancellation

First of all im a plusnet customer and have been for the last three or four years without any ploblem. This coming weekend im going to move in with my girlfriend who is with orange with a phone/broardband package which she's in a 18 month contract that expires in Jan 2013. I know we can cancel her orange package so i can move my plusnet package to work here but when she rang orange they quoted £100 to cancel, 40 pounds is for the months and £60 to get a bt engineer to cut her off at the exchange. Basicly is this common practice? I know about ofcom 85% discount but why dose she need to be cut off at the exchange for me to get connected with plusnet. If someone could help me and i know this forum isnt a orangehome one but i thought as im a plusnet customer it would be fine.
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: non plusnet Broardband and home phone cancellation

Moved as this needs a staff input I think
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: non plusnet Broardband and home phone cancellation

Hi wacky17,
I can't comment on their policy, but if you migrate her service to Plusnet the move of the broadband is done as part of the migration. She just needs a MAC code if it's over the BT network, or if it's Orange's network, just place the order and we'll do all the leg work to get it taken over. Hope that helps
Jojo Smiley