cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

noise margin

vlb
Dabbler

noise margin

guys over the past 2 night my noisemargin has fluctuated wildly and its causing me to drop connection now and again, for a few weeks in january i was getting 70+ losses of synch with the exchange and had raised a ticket about it. it all seemed to sort itself after i complained to bt about noise on the line and an engineer  came out.
as you can see from the pictures i have linked it is swinging about like mad, when my connection is fine it is solid at 16db.
any advice before i log a ticket?

3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: noise margin

Hi there,
I would recommend raising a ticket requesting a target noise margin of 15dB.
We should be able to get BT to sort that out fairly quickly for you.
vlb
Dabbler

hey james thanks for the respose
i had a bt eng out today as i complained about noise on my line, she checked internal wiring etc and then phoned her boss who suggested she change the wiring outside etc. anyway the bottom line is this mate.....whenever my noise margin is 16db i have no problems with my line, like now for instance it is sittin at a steady 16db and i couldnt be happier.
the same can be said for the last time this happened, as soon as the bt eng came out it was solid 16db, and in the following weeks it stayed at 16 (never ever dropped below that). in the past few night as you can see it has been drpping.
what i will do mate is give it a couple of day to see if the eng made a diffrence ot the line, if not i will raise a job.  thanks again for the response.
Martyn
James
Grafter

No worries.
Getting BT to set a higher tarnet SNR is normally a fairly straightforward job, so feel free to give us a shout if you want that doing.