cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no phone and now really slow internet

axlstod
Grafter

Re: no phone and now really slow internet

So is Monday the definite date because the card that was left through the door was for the beginning of april?Huh
thankyou.
axlstod
Grafter

jim:green link sorted mod:end
axlstod
Grafter

So is Monday the definite date because the card that was left through the door was for the beginning of april?Huh
thankyou.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

That's right, it's Monday.
The date that's given is always a date a little further in the future so this gives ISP's a chance to get in touch to re-arrange an appointment that suits.
axlstod
Grafter

ok thanks.
axlstod
Grafter

hi ive just gone into my connection settings then into high-speed broadband and its saying this Estimated line speed:There's no speed estimate currently held on your account. Current line speed:1.25 Mb .
it is normally at 7mb so has it been altered because of the fault I have on my line? or is there another reason?
axlstod
Grafter

just to confirm once again that I am getting a visit from bt on Monday, I'm a little confused with the messages I have received through the members centre.
It implies that I need to get get in touch to arrange the visit, but I was sure I had done that through these forums?Huh
I have just listened to the voicemail message that I received on my mobile phone and it says to either ring them or contact them through the members centre.
I tried to ring them but it said that the estimated waiting time was 45 minutes. is the number a free phone number?
The messages have once again disappeared from the member centre so I cant go back through them to check.
I have taken Monday off work so really hoping that this problem can be sorted, and if its not already arranged for them to visit I would really appreciate it, if it could be sorted out for Monday.
Thanks again.
axlstod
Grafter

I have now received a message stating that I am not infact booked in for today and that the earliest I can be booked in for is Wednesday which I have to confirm by phone, why was i led to believe that someone was coming today? I have actually taken today off work.
if the problem isn't sorted until Wednesday I will have gone 2wks with this problem as ive stated before I am paying for a service I am not getting.
not happy!
axlstod
Grafter

I have now spoken arranged an appointment via telephone and I am now booked in for Wednesday.
I would still appreciate it if someone could look into why my internet speed has been altered .
when I go into my connection settings then into high-speed broadband and its saying this Estimated line speed:There's no speed estimate currently held on your account. Current line speed:1.25 Mb .
it is normally at 7mb so has it been altered because of the fault I have on my line.
bt are saying that one fault was fixed, could that be broadband? and my connection speed can now be changed back to 7mb?
if this could be sorted I would be very happy.
axlstod
Grafter

axlstod
Grafter

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

The Plusnet profile that is currently set at 1.25Mb is set correct at the minute.
We receive a report for your according to your current sync speed and mact our profile accordingly, below is the recent reports for your line:

So, changing the speed profile to 7Mb/s won't actually give you an improved speed.
We need to get the phone fault fixed as this is more than likely causing an issue to your speeds, once your fault is fixed hopefully your speeds will improve and we your profile will change itself accordingly.
axlstod
Grafter

oh well worth a try, its just so darn frustrating. lets hope its sorted Wednesday.
axlstod
Grafter

hi again the bt engineer has now been and hopefully fixed the fault, turns out that when they came last Monday they didn't re-connect one of the wires correctly in my bt socket.
broadband speed is still slow though and was hoping that something could be done to speed up the process quicker so that I can get the 7mb I was getting.
thankyou.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Thanks for letting us know the issue has been resolved.
I've updated your Speed Profile which should take effect within the next 4 hours.