cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new user stuck on checking line

AnTealach

new user stuck on checking line

ohhh mmmyyy god have been trying to get broadband installed since the 13th of february and was initially with BT (crap anyway not my decision) but they took faaaar too long to get it together and wouldnt have been activated until yesterday (lol) so on the 8th of march i cancelled it thinking my friend is with plusnet and only has good things to say and they say 5 to 7 days on their website.... what can go wrong  Roll_eyes
so placed my order on the 9th of march the signup was so quick and painless and was excellent to see order tracking straight away, so an hour in and id already known more about my order status than the whole month waiting for BT to get their finger out, but it just seems to be stuck on checking line... how long can checking a line take
1 day is turning into 2 days... which will easy turn into a month long wait i can feel it in my bones  Angry
have a support ticket raised, they said 23 hrs for a reply and has been 2 days now
thanks for any help
9 REPLIES 9
Mand
Grafter

Re: new user stuck on checking line

Hi there,
I can't seem to find your account. Can you post the ticket number for me?
AnTealach

thanks for the reply
ticket # 32506537
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
It looks like we tried to place an order last week, but this was rejected as there was still an order in the system (presumably BT's).
I've placed it manually for you now, so we'll have you up and running by this time next week, if not before. Smiley
AnTealach

thanks, i wont hold my breath  Grin
the BT order we originally went in for this combined line and broadband all done on the same day, it took them a month just to get the line on and they said the broadband hadnt even been ordered when we cancelled it  Angry
ive been reading about delays with direct debits and all that, hopefully i dont have any more delays i cant handle it and will probs cancel the whole lot
Mand
Grafter

Your Direct Debit is already active. There's nothing further that will hold the order up now.
Though I can appreciate with the problems you've had that you're not as convinced of that as me.
AnTealach

just been on the phone to india and they were saying they had no record of my direct debit and i wont get activated until the 25th
so ordered on the 9th when promised it would be 5 to 7 days max and now its going to be the 25th, im sick to the back teeth of all of this and have a good mind to cancel the whole lot
also we will keep you up to date every step of the way the website promised, how long would i have to been waiting to be kept up to date considering i had to chase it up and wait two days for the support ticket to not be answered
not acceptable
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Why dis you call India? AFAIK, PlusNet don't have a call centre there. PlusNet's customer support is primarily based in Sheffield with the overflow handled by the (Madasafish) call centre in Durban.
AnTealach

Embarrassed i did have phone rage  Embarrassed
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Confession is said to be good for the soul.  Grin