cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to fibre

mavermik98

new to fibre

Hi,
Im upgrading to fttc value package and am due bt engineer visit on Thursday this week. I have a few questions and would be grateful for some advise.
1) Im going on Holiday for a week on Saturday. Will the initial 10 day period be affected if nobody is on the internet for a week?
2) Does the traffic management cap of 5mb download for streaming data have any affect on iplayer etc. If is buffers as im streaming I wont be too happy? I have a hd 720i tv and would like to watch at best resolution.
3) Is there anything else/any tips I need to know? Im upgrading from a crappy 8mb adsl service that gives me average download speeds of 0.7 mb.Are the rumors of superfast downloads in seconds true or hype?
Thanks in advance,
Michael
3 REPLIES 3
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: new to fibre

1) should not be a problem
2) 5mb should be plenty for iplayer HD
3) you'll certainly notice the difference!
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
houlton23
Grafter

Quote from: mavermik98
2) Does the traffic management cap of 5mb download for streaming data have any affect on iplayer etc. If is buffers as im streaming I wont be too happy? I have a hd 720i tv and would like to watch at best resolution.

You honestly won't notice the traffic management at all. I certainly don't. (Unless you use P2P in peak times)
Alex Smiley
FoolishlyWise
Grafter

Quote from: mavermik98
3) Is there anything else/any tips I need to know? Im upgrading from a crappy 8mb adsl service that gives me average download speeds of 0.7 mb.Are the rumors of superfast downloads in seconds true or hype?

Very much true indeed. Just be warned: dont go over your usage limit, as its amazingly easy to do so (Im on value fibre, had it installed a month ago and am paying £15 extra already for the first month!  Roll_eyes )