cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new router local only no internet access HELP PLEASE

mkc66
Grafter

new router local only no internet access HELP PLEASE

setup a netgear router today all working wirelessly until daughter tries to connect her vista laptop she puts in the pass key we have set but only gets local access.
my vista laptop, hubbys windows 7 laptop,  iphones  etc all connect on wireless no problems but not her laptop any ideas how to solve this problem would be great as we have googled and fiddled with no joy
HELP PLEASE
3 REPLIES 3
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: new router local only no internet access HELP PLEASE

You could try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233/en-us, it worked for me on a different router and two different Vista laptops (a firmware update on the router also fixed the issue from the other end), not sure if this is your problem as I haven't herd of it on Netgears but if it's specific to a Vista machine then it's worth a try (it doesn't do any harm whatever).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
mkc66
Grafter

it is listed in attached devices with an ip address just tried with it attached by cable and it connects so it appears her wireless isnt working correctly with the new router, worked fine this morning with our old router so would this
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9255155/Trail/searchtext%3ENETGEAR.htm#pdpFullProdu...; solve the problem or is there something better to get maybe a new wireless network card for her hp laptop
mkc66
Grafter

problem seems to be solved with drivers updated on wireless card