Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new fiber install #71236537

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

new fiber install #71236537

hi, opened a ticket about throughput problems which I suspect are down to the delta update time lag but just in case there not and something in the system is stuck, the BTOR modem is syncing the line at over 70 meg and my current speed test results are below

I realise there's a time delay in things improving but getting a connection that's effectively 2 meg slower than the ADSL one I had only minutes before hand is somewhat disconcerting particularly as the upload speed jumped up immediatly
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: new fiber install #71236537

If you log in to the router, disconnect/reconnect you should then see the higher speeds coming through. There was just a missed change on our side.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
nanotm
Pro

thank you
just done the soft drop/reconnect and the bt speed tester results below makes me a happy bunny Smiley
Download Speed
71.64 Mbps

0 Mbps 77.43 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 71.64 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis  16 Mbps-77.43 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 77.43 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
15.6 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 15.6Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

and the bt speed tester results below makes me a happy bunny

That makes two of us Smiley thanks for letting us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bradw
Grafter

Ping: 0ms  Shocked
nanotm
Pro

i know zero ms is awesome,
it cos the cabinet is literally at my front door Smiley bt were apparently going to make my house fttp 3 years ago when it was built but the company in charge said no, so on adsl I was wired into a cabinet 600 meters away with the exchange 2 miles away and got shocking ly slow speeds on a cross talked 30 year old aluminium cable run (cos the fiber point was left disconnected and instead the did some strange spilt into an existing cable run that went underground and they finally replaced all of that old junk with nice shiney new copper (so fttc would work in the street) the speed drop from 80 down to 78 is actually down ot the house having some weird wiring system that has an initial entry point underground at the front is strung to a spliter box on the far side in the roof and then cascaded in parallel to a phone socket in every room in the house (the bt engineer said he could install the new bt socket in any room I wanted because after testing they were all the same) the socket I chose was the one with the biggest drop
but hey its still 10 x better than the best day on adsl