cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new connection

iruhaku
Dabbler

new connection

Hi, I've just joined plusnet (due to be switched on 7th Nov) been with BT for the last year and over the course of the last month and a half the service has been shocking speed randomly dropping to 1-2 mb for 10-15 min then shooting back up but not losing sync at all apart from when they were "fixing it"  bt said fault at exchange they fixed numerous times to no avail. I'm assuming since I'm moving I'll be switched over to another link at the xchange (a plusnet one?) as bt said  the exchange was the fault.
I'm also curious about the pro add on as I use DDWRT for a vpn connection from my router so always VPN and it says pro add on adds VPN to platinum. will i actually see a difference? as the way i understand it if im always using a VPN from the router then everything connected to that router (which is eerything) will have the same priority and thus nothing will be prioritised? i do turn VPN off when gaming 1-2 hours a day.
any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: new connection

On the current products Pro won't make a huge difference for you, especially as all of your traffic is already via a VPN.
We'll have to see how the line is looking after you transfer over before we can start looking at any faults etc, hopefully your line will be fine.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
iruhaku
Dabbler

Re: new connection

Thanks for your reply and clearing up a few questions I had. One more question, I'm currently on interleaving (I wasn't until the problems started) I guess I'll be given another 10 day training period and so fast path should be re enabled as I've got a pretty good line sync is always 17.5mb+ And stays up almost indefinitely  But my ping since my problems went from a steady 18ms to bbc.co.uk to 32-38 and very jittery. I'm hoping this fixes my connection issues as my neighbour who was also with BT got it solved by switching (Sky) so here's hoping but I'll wait until I know for sure
Thanks again