cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

+net was originally good but moving will be too expensive, should have left them

ISPsyunogood
Dabbler

+net was originally good but moving will be too expensive, should have left them

I picked plusnet because I didn't want a 12 month contract as I am renting on short term contracts, and they were fine and this was possible.  Now I've moved flat within the same building, and I have to now have a 12 month contract?  Why do I have to have a 12 month contract when moving rather than when setting up.  I'm only in this new flat for 6 months ago  I should have left and would encourage others to do in the same situation.  So with the moving fee and 6 months extra it will be very expensive, when there are other ISPs out there who have short term contracts consistently available.
Also today was the moving day but heard nothing again, happened the first time I was trying to get set up in the same block of flats.  Luckily someone nearby has left their network unsecured so I can get broadband without the month delay this time.
2 REPLIES 2
ISPsyunogood
Dabbler

Re: +net was originally good but moving will be too expensive, should have left them

Looking at the home page I only see info for 12 month contracts now, does this mean during the last few months the policy has changed only 12 month contracts now?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: +net was originally good but moving will be too expensive, should have left them

You are only tied in for 12 months if you take the free house move but the standard notice period remains 10 days
If you accept the free house move and leave before 12 months then you will be liable for the house move cost
From here http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/moving_guide.shtml
via the popup "Charges can apply in some situations" 
When can moving charges apply?
Residential customers
Moving is free if you stay with us for 12 months after moving.
If you choose to leave or move house within those 12 months, you'd be charged £65.
This is also relevant https://www.plus.net/residential/faqs.shtml#stay
6. How long do I have to stay with Plusnet for?
If you leave Plusnet in your first 12 months after receiving a free set-up, router or house move, we'll charge you for these.
If you remain with Plusnet for 12 months after receiving a free set-up, router or house move these charges will be waived. You can also choose to pay for any of these up front if you want more flexibility.