cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

needing snr adjusted

defiant
Grafter

needing snr adjusted

Hi SNR is still sitting at 15db there is a internal request on my  ticket to have the snr set to 9db. Can this be done today please and maybe see if the profile can be raised  as 1mb when i orignally had 3mb is getting old and im dieing to see if all my router switching has actually done anything to resolve my speed drop the joys of 21cn i still think its the texas instruments  TSTC line card thats rubbish im finding it hard to believe every adsl router i connect has a issue lol.
thanks defiant
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: needing snr adjusted

Hi defiant,
I'm going to pick this up with our faults team shortly. I can't make you a definitive promise that this can be done today but I will feedback to you within the next couple of hours to let you know what's happening.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
defiant
Grafter

Thank you Adamwalker i just want it working properly now this on and off fault has been haunting me since december its getting tiresome  Cry
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem,
This is now back with an agent on our faults team who is dealing with this now. We will keep feeding back to you on the progress of that request. Also, to confirm your upgrade to ADSL2+ has now gone through as well.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
defiant
Grafter

connection just resynced twice when i was just going to browse to this post i thought the snr was changing but unfortunately thats not what happend.
its just resynced and synced in the first time at roughly 1450 down and 785 up with a snr margin of 17 moments later it resynced with 1412 down and  786 up with a snr margin of 18.5      prior to being disconnected the snr margin was 13-15  im lost as to whats happening now!
i replied to the ticket adsl2+ was activated again and i have configured the router to sync with adsl2 modulation.
current sync speeds are roughly half what i had before and my ip profiles roughly a 3rd of what i had.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi again defiant,
It is odd that your sync speed has dropped but please bear in mind that your line is retraining at the moment after the move to ADSL2+ this along with the SNR change will have some effects on your sync speed but you should see this improve. More specifically with regards to the SNR change this has now been submitted and should complete within the next couple of hours. Please check your router stats again after a couple of hours from now as you should see some improvement to the line profile by then.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
zubel
Community Veteran

Moderators Note
Posts split off into new thread: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,85347.0.html
B.