cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need broadband engineer booked ticket #90734887 and #90737091

chrcoluk
Grafter

need broadband engineer booked ticket #90734887 and #90737091

Voice engineer came said passed JDSU but was noisy, left without doing anything.
Sync speed remains low at 53 (was 75 and estimate was 73).  High errors stopped yesterday but was 2-3 days of very high errors on line.
The lower frequencies are unusually weak, so my higher tones are now the strongest, strange behaviour.
I rang up and the guy said I had to wait 72 hours for the voice engineer report which seems silly, I want it booked today please.
4 REPLIES 4
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: need broadband engineer booked ticket #90734887 and #90737091

I think I recall seeing your post and thinking nothing I can contribute, it's obviously a line fault.
If the line is noisy, is it affecting your calls? - of course it it - at times you can't hear the other party Roll_eyes
Strikes me the Openreach engineer made no attempt to go and look for the iify joint. Hawk testers if used correctly would have no problem in highlighting a potentially suspect joint, and modern equipment should make it even easier.
DanHodby
Grafter

Hi chrcoluk,
It looks like we've booked you in for tomorrow morning. Let us know how that goes and if anything further is required.
Dan
chrcoluk
Grafter

yeah things have moved on since I made this post but your comment regarding the engineer I agree with.
Round here there seems to be lazyness or some kind of cost cutting policy because in the past 12 months I have had several engineers and they all have a clear motivation not to do anything physically.
The voice engineer I could tell from his responses that he knew something was up, first when he told me there is noise on the line, second that before he left he sat there for about a minute staring at the socket as if he was thinking whether to look for the fault or not but then decided against it.
Last time I gave up as the line had mostly recovered its speed and I Was on fast path, this time however I am on the lowest speed I have seen for this line and its not even due to DLM, I am still on fast path but now syncing at 50mbit (down from 53.6 yesterday), I am getting random disconnections as well and my estimate is 20+mbit over the current sync speed and previous sync speed which is on my GEA test result is 75mbit.  So unless it recovers itself I will be persistent even if it means having 20 callouts.
chrcoluk
Grafter

Quote from: Dan
Hi chrcoluk,
It looks like we've booked you in for tomorrow morning. Let us know how that goes and if anything further is required.
Dan

yes this proceeded as I just said in the above post.  I hope things are resolved tomorrow, I have printed out the GEA test result in the ticket and my speed estimate ready to show the engineer if he becomes stubborn.