cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

n00b questions!

les37b
Grafter

n00b questions!

I'm in the process of migrating to plusnet from bethere (who I have to say have been an excellent ISP, so a reluctant switch - and one that wouldnt have happened if Be had fibre in place already!)
So.... I have two questions......
With Be, I had a static IP and needed for a couple of things I want to do. I'm assuming I will still get a static IP?
One of the things I used it for, was with My Slingbox, which allowed me to stream my Satellite TV internally and externally when I was abroad for example. To be able to do this, I also needed to have Nat Loop through. Does the modem supplied support this or be made to do so?

Cheers
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: n00b questions!

Easy question first - unlimited has the option of a static IP for a £5 one off charge
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/IP_addresses_broadband.shtml
2. Is my IP address dynamic or static?
Our current broadband products are given a dynamic address as standard. All products have the option of switching to a static IP with exception of Plusnet Essentials.

Second question - I haven't a clue as to whether the router supports it - the modem certainly doesn't
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

To be able to do this, I also needed to have Nat Loop through. Does the modem supplied support this or be made to do so?
I assume you mean NAT loopback. The router supplied for PlusNet Fibre is a TG582n with modified f/w to make LAN port 4 into a WAN port.
I'm fairly sure that BE use this router also.
Using the Telnet CLI you can enable NAT loopback with the 'ip config natloopback=enabled' command.
Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

les37b
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Easy question first - unlimited has the option of a static IP for a £5 one off charge
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/IP_addresses_broadband.shtml
2. Is my IP address dynamic or static?
Our current broadband products are given a dynamic address as standard. All products have the option of switching to a static IP with exception of Plusnet Essentials.

Cheers.
les37b
Grafter

Quote from: MisterW
To be able to do this, I also needed to have Nat Loop through. Does the modem supplied support this or be made to do so?
I assume you mean NAT loopback. The router supplied for PlusNet Fibre is a TG582n with modified f/w to make LAN port 4 into a WAN port.
I'm fairly sure that BE use this router also.
Using the Telnet CLI you can enable NAT loopback with the 'ip config natloopback=enabled' command.
Hope that helps

Cheers..... - i did mean loopback!
OK.... Will look into how to do this using the supplied modem.