Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moved house not heard anything in a week - supposed to have connection tommorow

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: moved house not heard anything in a week - supposed to have connection tommorow

Glad to hear your phone is online Pixel. When I checked the orders this morning I noticed the phone was complete and the broadband order was still in-flight but hadn't got round to responding to the thread yet.
I've just checked again and it looks like the broadband should be online now as well  Wink
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
pixel
Grafter

Re: moved house not heard anything in a week - supposed to have connection tommorow

Great, thanks Harry. Will need to check when I get home. Fingers crossed!
Thanks again
pixel
Grafter

Nope. No Broadband or internet light showing. Tried different microfilters. But it is on a bt openreach socket so am using that. Makes no difference. Phone yes, broadband no.
Sad
Any ideas?
cedlor
Grafter

Is the phone number the one you were expecting it to be - dial 17070 option2 and they will tell you the number

Edit - did you get your router from PN - is there a booklet with it that tells you to ring a number (0800 number in mine but it is 2 yr old.)
when the green BB light is not lit.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Pixel,
No Broadband or internet light showing.

Is the broadband light flashing? It should flash while it's trying to connect so if it's not then I'd suggest trying a different router.
If the light is trying to connect then can you let me know when you're available for an engineer visit? Mon-Fri, AM (8am-1pm) or PM (1pm-6pm).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pixel
Grafter

Hi Chris
No light flashing at all. Just the power light (and the ethernet light if the PC is connected). The phone line works. I have called to and from my mobile.
I don’t think I have another router.
Are we sure the line is active? If so I suppose I could buy a cheap one off amazon?
Thanks for your help.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

No light flashing at all
Chris, It couldn't be that the router is configured for Fibre could it ? I'm not sure if/how the newer 2704 ones are set for ADSL/Fibre.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pixel
Grafter

thanks MisterW but it is the same router I used in my previous home (with Plusnet). I moved up the road and Plusnet just moved my account for me. The router worked fine 3 weeks ago so to be honest I don't think it is the problem.
I suppose the BT openreach socket could be the problem? But the phone works fine so to be honest I am not sure the broadband is live yet.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

That's strange ???. An ADSL router will normally try to synch with the exchange and flash it's Broadband light even if it's not connected to the line.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pixel
Grafter

I'll try resetting the router, see if that does anything. Can anyone from Plusnet confirm the line is definitely supposed to be live? Thanks 🙂
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yes, the service is showing as 'active' following the order completion.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pixel
Grafter

Thank you for confirming Chris!  Smiley
I'll see if maybe I can borrow someone's router.
pixel
Grafter

ok, reset the router to factory settings. NO CHANGE.
The broadband light is not lighting at all, not flashing.
It seems to me the connection is NOT active.
Could it be that the local exchange is not connected?
I have:
- reset router to factory settings, twice.
- tried a different microfilter on the BT tes socket (by taking away the faceplate)
- turned off the router and the mains power about 20 times, waiting for 5 mins and rebooting
- using the router setup menu to diagnose the connection (DSL not in sync)
- disconnected the phone (which works fine btw)
Whatever I do the broadband light remains OFF, not flashing or lighting up whatsoever. The phone works, the wifi light is on and the router connects to my PC fine.
Therefore there is a faulty connection on the broadband, and let's be honest, 99% it is either the local exchange up the road (wherever that is) or the main exchange not setting the right switch. Faint possibility it is the BT master socker itself.
Please could someone let me know what to do?
As always, many thanks for any help.
pixel
Grafter

I have called technical support, they're looking at it now.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Is this router a TG582n ? I guess it might be since you said it's from an previous connection. If so, try the router unplugged from the BT socket , does the broadband light flash then ?