cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moved house not heard anything in a week - supposed to have connection tommorow

pixel
Grafter

moved house not heard anything in a week - supposed to have connection tommorow

I've moved house and transferred my broadband service to the new address. Arranged this nearly two weeks ago, got an SMS a week ago saying connection should be tomorrow, but heard nothing since.
Do I just plug in the modem and fingers crossed?
Thanks
50 REPLIES 50
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: moved house not heard anything in a week - supposed to have connection tommorow

It looks like they're still working on it.
I'd still expect it to complete today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
pixel
Grafter

Re: moved house not heard anything in a week - supposed to have connection tommorow

thanks for the reply 🙂
Unfortunately, 11.34 and still no connection  Sad
oh well, hopefully tomorrow.
thanks for your reply, much appreciated.
pixel
Grafter

p.s. I am assuming teh BT Openreach socklet is the main socket?
It has a microfilter built in, in the top socket I think? so I just plug the modem into that without a microfilter?
many thanks
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Yes, that's correct.  Please report back which lights (and colour) are showing on the router.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pixel
Grafter

hi, the only lights are the power light and the ethernet lights. the broadband and internet sockets remain black. There is no sound from the telephone socket either, using my phone.
dick:quote
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Oh!  No dial tone clearly indicates that the circuit is not active.  If you dial your phone number, does it 'ring out'?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pixel
Grafter

sorry not sure of my phone number
dick:quote
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It should shown here: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0
If it still shows your old number it probably suggests Plusnet are being idiots and looking at the wrong line.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pixel
Grafter

thanks Jelv
I tried calling it, 'invalid number'.
The phone number and broadband are supposed to be moving on the same day - yesterday  Sad
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Or look through your old tickets (link below) which should show your new phone number.
It can take a while to update the line number in the portal!  Shocked

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@pixel - Unfortunately it looks like our suppliers sent a delay notification through at 23:54 last night  Sad
From looking at the order tracker, it looks like the only outstanding activity is for frames works at the exchange and an engineer appears to be assigned so I would take an educated guess that it wasn't completed yesterday due to resourcing and should be complete today. However I will be getting straight on the phone to our suppliers to confirm this for you.
EDIT: Just got off the phone with our suppliers and they have confirmed what I said above is correct. It should all be active by the end of today for you.
The order shows we're retaining your telephone number as part of the housemove, so the one showing on the link Jelv sent should be correct.
@Jelv - The number shown on that link generally wouldn't be updated until after the housemove orders have completed, so (If we were providing a new number as part of the housemove) it wouldn't really suggest anything if it was the same at this point.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: HarryB
@pixel - Unfortunately it looks like our suppliers sent a delay notification through at 23:54 last night  Sad

Presumably your systems picked that up automatically and sent a notification to the user that the order had been delayed?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pixel
Grafter

Quote from: HarryB
@pixel - Unfortunately it looks like our suppliers sent a delay notification through at 23:54 last night  Sad
From looking at the order tracker, it looks like the only outstanding activity is for frames works at the exchange and an engineer appears to be assigned so I would take an educated guess that it wasn't completed yesterday due to resourcing and should be complete today. However I will be getting straight on the phone to our suppliers to confirm this for you.
EDIT: Just got off the phone with our suppliers and they have confirmed what I said above is correct. It should all be active by the end of today for you.
The order shows we're retaining your telephone number as part of the housemove, so the one showing on the link Jelv sent should be correct.
@Jelv - The number shown on that link generally wouldn't be updated until after the housemove orders have completed, so (If we were providing a new number as part of the housemove) it wouldn't really suggest anything if it was the same at this point.

Thank you for checking and letting me know Harry.
Don't suppose any timeframe on that? end of the day = midnight?  Undecided
pixel
Grafter

still nothing  Cry Cry Cry