cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

move from one PN provider to another

techguy
Grafter

Re: move from one PN provider to another

I definitely recommend getting your own domain and using that for mail as it means you can move around as much as you wish without losing your address.
mal0z
Grafter

Quote from: Santiago
Bit like GMX then

Aren't GMX the same company as 1and1 ??  Angry
hulls
Grafter

I've got a domain via PN  www.chelmsfordsongsters.org.uk , but as you can see, I use it to run a web site for the Slavation Army choir I belong to. so the email addresses aren't really much shorter (name@ chelmsfordsongsters.org.uk), I suppose I could get another (thehulls.org.uk ?) but presumably there would be a cost to that.
John
Santiago
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
If GMX goes out of business or starts charging can I take my GMX email address anywhere else I like
Of course not.
Quote from: jelv
I can do that with my .me.uk domain.
Not every wants or needs their own domain. I personally never felt the need to get myself one.
The United Internet Group
The United Internet Group was founded in 1988. Together with its branches 1&1 and Fasthosts, the Group offers the largest global web hosting service. The United Internet Group (listed on the stock exchange: ISIN DE0005089031) is highly profitable and has a market capitalization of 5.5 billion USD or 3.8 billion GBP as of October 31, 2007. The Group has over 3,500 employees at locations in America, Europe and Asia. United Internet's high speed data centers manage more than 10 million domains. The Group's data centers set extremely high standards worldwide with 40,000 hosted servers and a monthly transfer volume of 4,000 terrabytes as well as over 5 billion e-mails. GMX maintains more than 10 million active e-mail accounts.

The OP was looking for  a solution that could give him a shorter email address. I suggested GMX as one solution, now I am sorry I suggested it.
mal0z
Grafter

Quote from: Santiago
The United Internet Group was founded in 1988. Together with its branches 1&1 and Fasthosts, the Group offers the largest global web hosting service. The United Internet Group (listed on the stock exchange: ISIN DE0005089031) is highly profitable and has a market capitalization of 5.5 billion USD or 3.8 billion GBP as of October 31, 2007. The Group has over 3,500 employees at locations in America, Europe and Asia. United Internet's high speed data centers manage more than 10 million domains. The Group's data centers set extremely high standards worldwide with 40,000 hosted servers and a monthly transfer volume of 4,000 terrabytes as well as over 5 billion e-mails. GMX maintains more than 10 million active e-mail accounts.

A bit like Royal Bank of Scotland then .............................  Sad
Santiago
Grafter

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you mean.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Just because an organisation is huge, global, has a large turnover and is apparently profitable it doesn't mean it can't go down the pan if they make bad commercial decisions.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mal0z
Grafter

Yes that is what I meant Jelv
Santiago
Grafter

Oh OK, Thanks, I was wondering if you meant RBS where going into the internet business and I could get a new email address, santiago at RBS.com
mal0z
Grafter

I wouldn't want those initials anyway  Wink
The challange is thinking up a short and meaningful domain name,
like plus .................