cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more spam since starting postini trial

wheelyjon

more spam since starting postini trial

It is now a few days since starting on the Postini trial and my spam has had a considerable increase.
Should I still be forwarding to spam@despamchecker?  I am now receiving perhaps 5 times as much as I used to. Sad
7 REPLIES 7
LiamM
Grafter

Re: more spam since starting postini trial

The increase in spam can't really be relevant to Postini, or caused by Postini.
This is because the emails are still coming back to PlusNet to be assessed by the Criticalpath boxes and/or Dspam on the cores.
Strange one.  I'd still forward them as dspam will still be used to tag the email when it reaches PlusNet.
puddy
Grafter

my spam mail increase  over night I had 170 spams since I joined the trial as well

puddy
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

My spam count has dropped dramatically since the Postini trial started although I am seeing a small quantity of spam mail slipping under the Postini wire but being picked up and tagged by the CP box.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Just logged into Squirrell mail - moved on to the Postini trial a day or two back - I now have 1500+ spam emails.  Looks like one of my doamin names has been high-jacked - possibly back when PN had the security breach - and the new anti-spam service is not doing as good a job as the old tool of filtering out the trash.
Huh

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

zubel
Community Veteran

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backscatter#Backscatter_of_email_spam
Is this what you're experiencing?  If it is, it's not related to the Postini trial - it's just 'one of those things'
B.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I have two accounts to manage.
One is Postinied  the other not.
The non-Postinied account is now receiving considerably more spam than before the Postini trial began.
I suppose I am thinking...well....all this rejected spam has to go somewhere.
I have no doubt the spammers will know about this Postini trial and will consider it a challenge.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
rahewitt
Grafter

I'm on the postini trial too, and I'm getting more unfiltered Spam through to my two mail accounts.  It doesn't look as good as the publicity was making out.
Although am I right in saying that it (postini) is set up to be quite lenient at the moment?