Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mail settings changed

paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

mail settings changed

I haven't been getting many emails today so I thought I would check the webmail page and was surprised to find my spam box full of messages. The reason i was supprised was I have always had my spam setting turned off, checking my settings this evening I find it has now been turned on. Can anyone explain why my personal settings have been tampered with without any prior warning.
17 REPLIES 17
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: mail settings changed

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,62948.msg508815.html#msg508815
and the next couple of posts.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ChrisL
Rising Star

paulgul
Rising Star

I still don't understand why I wasn't notified of this, I have had good emails sat in my spam box and could of stayed there for some time if i hadn't checked via webmail.
I hope PN aren't going to make a habit of changing customers personal settings without notifying them.
The reason for turning the spam filters off in the first place was because of their unreliability
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

To put it bluntly it was cockup - it was intended only that people who had it set to delete spam would be changed to dump in the spam box
paulgul
Rising Star

Thanks,
I have now raised a ticket and lodge a complaint about this - a very off-handish way to treat their customers
Saturn
Grafter

Today I have discovered that none of my redirects are working anymore.  Anyone know whether there's a connection with this issue?  I raised a ticket and the kind sole who replied said he didn't know what the problem was but I could use aliases.  I think I'd rather have the problem fixed!!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

There was an issue with redirects stripping the subject line but that's the only one I know of.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Saturn
Grafter

Bob, is it possible to get someone to take a look at this for me?
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: Saturn
Today I have discovered that none of my redirects are working anymore.  Anyone know whether there's a connection with this issue?  I raised a ticket and the kind sole who replied said he didn't know what the problem was but I could use aliases.  I think I'd rather have the problem fixed!!

Where are you redirecting to? If it's to a mailbox on your Plusnet account then yes, you should use an alias as that is more efficient anyway. If it isn't (you are redirecting to a none-Plusnet address or another PN users address) he was talking out of where the sun don't shine!
Saturn
Grafter

Notwithstanding the ethics of using an alias over a redirect (and it is true that they are currently pointing at PN based mailboxes) the point, as I see it, is that the redirects have worked for years and suddenly stopped working today.  This must be a fault unless the functional design has been changed today, which I doubt.
The point about aliases is a red herring really, with no guarantee they will work either.  If I change all of my redirects to aliases it will mean I will have to change them again when I want to redirect to non-PN based addresses.  Surely the solution is to fix the fault.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've responded to your ticket. I tried one of your redirects and it worked fine.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Saturn
Grafter

Bob
Thanks.  I too have updated the ticket with some more information.  It would appear that emails sent to my domain are not being translated correctly into the right PN mailboxes
jelv
Seasoned Hero

The point about aliases is a red herring really, with no guarantee they will work either.

I have one main mailbox (a prefix I never use as an actual e-mail address), it has 39 aliases (I create a new one each time I give my email address on some website) and it is working just fine.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks.  I too have updated the ticket with some more information.  It would appear that emails sent to my domain are not being translated correctly into the right PN mailboxes

We've made some changes. Are you still having problems?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team