Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loss of synchronisation

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: loss of synchronisation

Quote from: vlb
well i spoke to my neighbour today and she says that when she has a problem with her broadband she always gets through to a english support agent...

Sounds like she has lot's of problems...

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

vlb
Dabbler

Quote from: axisofevil
Quote from: vlb
well i spoke to my neighbour today and she says that when she has a problem with her broadband she always gets through to a english support agent...

Sounds like she has lot's of problems...

join the club
James
Grafter

I was under the impression that BT had outsourced support to Asia, although that may only have been Retail.
Moving to BT isn't really going to give you any benefits over being with us although I appreciate that you have had difficulties recently.  If you could let me know the outcome of your telephone engineer visit, I'll be more than happy to further look into your fault.
vlb
Dabbler

hey james, thanks for your reply mate.
i didnt really get a chance to speak to the engineer, i had to rush off to work Sad
i have however been posting on a adsl tech forum and the guys their have given me some pointers on how to best log the faults i have been experiencing, i managed to get a new netgear router (lol 5th router now) so that i can use a program caled "Router Stats" which means i can narrow down some more where it is going bely up.
they did say (on that forum) that my line stats (which i posted from my router) were very good and that the whole synchin issue was bizarre. i am continuing to test that just now and will let you know.
the reason i came on tonight was that i just did a Bt speed test
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    IP profile for your line is - 350 kbps
    DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)  7840 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 229 kbps

can you just put my mind at ease and conform that the likely reason my ip profile is so low (considering my rate is nearly 8mb) is because of all the disconnects.
thanks again for your response
Martyn
James
Grafter

Hi Martyn,
Your "IP Profile" and therefore speed is low because of your disconnects.
If you maintain a stable connection for the next 3 days, the IP Profile will increase as will your speeds.
Is it still disconnecting?
Your router stats do look good.
vlb
Dabbler

Hey james
well i havent had a loss of synch in 15 hours and my snr ration is steady. if this keeps up i can only put it down to three thing
Bt engineer was out to do something to line on monday
i got a new netgear router
i removed my sky box from the same socket (something to do with rien?)
if it stays steady i will troubleshoot by re-instating my sky box, then try routers from before, to be fair i cant see it being the new router as i had tried 4 before i got this one (although i heard this one was insulated), fingers crossed it holds up then i can start playing about to find the cause.
thanks for your interest mate.
James
Grafter

No worries at all.
From past experience I'd imagine that they Sky Box is likely to be the potential culprit.  Glad to hear all is behaving itself now though.