cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

losing internet connection

esherapril

losing internet connection

It started every now and again but now happen every few minutes I loose the internet connection I have a voyager 210 adsl router and am using a Ethernet connection and for no apparent reason the internet light goes out followed by the dsl light and I have to turn the router off the on to get back online I have checked all connection in the house and all are fine I only have one PC it has only happened since I've been with plusnet could any one help  Cry
6 REPLIES 6
jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: losing internet connection

Hi, the only thing I can suggest is change the Filter at the socket, I had the very same problem and thought it couldn't be the filter because its only a few months old but that what it was. I changed it and had no more problems.
Sorry cant help much more, if that doesn't cure it and you have eliminated everything else by connecting direct to the main BT socket behind face plate , either some body may be of help on the forum or try the section within My account area, there is a Broadband Fault Checker there. Either way you could raise a ticket, I have found the Tech Dept very quick in answering.
regards
jono
esherapril

Thanks Jono I have changed the filter, I do not have a master socket with a hidden socket don't know why I did raise a ticket ages ago and they found nothing wrong so I am at a loss the only thing I have not tried is to change my router supplied by Plusnet and use my old adsl usb one that I used for years without fault but if anyone has any other ideas I would love to read them
James
Grafter

Hi there,
I'd definitely give your old USB modem a shot.  If the problems stop, it's the Voyager causing the fault, but otherwise it's probably a line fault.
esherapril

Thanks very much but as always it hasn't happened today so keep fingers crossed thats the end of it  Smiley
jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Hi, Would the Broadband Fault checker on the Member Centre show what the Fault may be, I've never used it to date so I don't know what it actually checks ? If the Router is faulty and you have had it a short time I'm sure someone would advise if you could get a replacement. Good luck with it anyway.
jono
esherapril

Hi every one I have been away for a few days holiday and the problem with my connection has stopped I haven't done anything it just stopped so it continues to be a complete mystery thanks again for all your suggestions  Kiss