cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line speed dropped again

dinosaurdad

line speed dropped again

had this problem for some months last year, went through all the processes changeing cableing filtered faceplate etc, eventually got speed back up to around 2 meg which is about the max i can get. Noticed this week on my broadband speed test dropped download speed to 738kbps. my ip profile is 1750. Isnt it about time this problem was sorted for good
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: line speed dropped again

Hi dinosaurdad,
if you've a line fault you'd like us to investigate for you please raise it as a fault at http://faults.plus.net - we'll then be able to get that sorted for you. In this case if you could also supply speed test results from the BT Speed tester that will help the investigation greatly.
Thanks very much,
coastergrotto
Grafter

Re: line speed dropped again

Speeds are slow this past half hour.  Unable to access the BT Speedtester, as it keeps saying there is a test error.

Performance Tester is unable to run the speed test for your telephone number:xxxxxxxxxxxx. Please check that it is the correct telephone number for your service. Did you follow all the instructions given on the website, before initiating the speed test. If not, then please follow all the instructions carefully and try to run the test again.If you believe it is the correct number for your service and you have followed all the instructions then please ask your Service Provider whether you can use Performance Tester to test your Broadband speed. If yes, then ask him for the Service ID of your broadband connection and try again with this Service ID along with your Telephone Number. If this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.

My current IPprofile is 9000 and last night I was getting speeds of over 8 Mbps

now this: