cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line problems since NE maintenance last night

MeMeMe
Grafter

line problems since NE maintenance last night

I'm in the nort east region. I lost connection after midnight last night, and called plusnet's supprt, which said maintenance was being done and NE users may lose connection.
Now the connection is back, but the quality is dreadful. It fluctuates between about 15K and 1M, on a line with in IP profile of 15.2Mb.
I just ran the BT speed test, and it said my download speed is 12.2 (less than it should be, but not as bad as I am actually getting).
But when i try to use the net, I get very slow weebpage updates. It took 5 minutes to download a 1MB file, and 15 minutes to download a 20MB file - and that 20MB file was corrupt.
Something is not right since the maintenance last night. What can be done?
2 REPLIES 2
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: line problems since NE maintenance last night

HI MeMeMe,
I can't see anything that would be causing that. I noticed you re-synced just before this post. How has it been since?
Jojo Smiley
MeMeMe
Grafter

Re: line problems since NE maintenance last night

Considerably better. I ran a speedtest at speedtest.net not long after posting, and it gave me about 8Mb/s. The times I ran it yesterday, it was struggling to reach 1Mb/s, and was very jerky during the test.
I've just done another test there, and got 12.5, which is getting back to the speed I'm used to. Maybe it just took some time, or the last resync helped.