cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

leaving PN till march/april 09. sum questions about email ect.

scootie
Grafter

leaving PN till march/april 09. sum questions about email ect.

Hi. well sadly i am moving to o2 for a wee while due to my sister moving in with me and if she cancels her o2 broadband which she has 3/4 months to go on the contract then o2 want £50 dissconnection fee and 3 months min of subs.
So the cheapest soultion was to do a house move on her o2 broadband to my line and kick plusnet off it :'(.
I have a question about email address what will happen to that. will it be deleted or am right in thinking ive seen on the forum in time ive bein here that you can have a free dial up account and keep the email. i would like to keep the email address for ovbious reasons plus i will be back with plusnet as soon as i have fhinshed with the all you can eat isp.
Also when o2 take over the line. do you still take the final payment by dierct debit or do i need to settle the bill by card?
14 REPLIES 14
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: leaving PN till march/april 09. sum questions about email ect.

We should be able to keep your mailboxes active for you, just make sure you request that they are kept when you put your MAC request in.
do you still take the final payment by dierct debit or do i need to settle the bill by card?

It'll be by card payment IIRC, you'll be advised of the final amount when your MAC is provided to you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
scootie
Grafter

i requested my mac last night. is it still possable to add a comment on to the automated mac request ticket to ask forthe email to be kept active?
(It'll be by card payment IIRC, you'll be advised of the final amount when your MAC is provided to you)
will my plusnet account not still be running till the day that o2 actual install the equpment  on my line and take over it. and the bill be for the period of the 2nd(start of my billing month) uptill the date o2 go live.
Emma
Grafter

there is a 30 day notice period so its always better to try and get the new provider to be starting their service as close to the end of the notice period as possible otherwise you're paying for two services.
MrToast
Grafter

Quote from: ASBO
i will be back with plusnet as soon as i have fhinshed with the all you can eat isp.

I'm not with O2 so don't know thie terms... but if they absorb the cost of the house move do they want an agreement for a further 12 months?... or more?
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

If you are doing it as a house move with O2, can you use a MAC?  Normally with a house move you would be going to a property without broadband, or at least it would be ceased at that point.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

scootie
Grafter

well there CS seem to think that it can be done they confirmed that they just need my mac code to give to my sister when she rings to give the details of the house move. the only thing i saw that would stop us doing it this way is that my landline is in my name and on there website it says they cant move the service till the new landline is in your name but thats talking about the average house move.
but again they said thats fine as long as she has permission from me.
Quote from: MrToast
Quote from: ASBO
i will be back with plusnet as soon as i have fhinshed with the all you can eat isp.

I'm not with O2 so don't know thie terms... but if they absorb the cost of the house move do they want an agreement for a further 12 months?... or more?

well i signed my sister up to there standard 8mb llu package. so i got the chance to print there terms and condtions all 14 pages of it and read it all and the only condtions they put on house moves is there limited to one a year.
just waiting for my mac code now to try and get this done before the party period.
cant wait for her contract to end as just looking at o2's forum im in for a rubish few months dont think i will be on my xbox for awhile.
there forums are like this old saying. if a tree falls in a forset and theres no one there to hear it.does it make noise.
its a werid exprince not having staff on there forums.
top marks for plusnet

itsme
Grafter

Why have you requested a MAC from PN? A MAC is to move a broadband account from one line to another. From what I can gather is that your sister is moving  her O2 broadband account from her line to yours, so she will have to request a MAC. You need to request PN to do a cease of broadband on your line and this will incur a charge.
Ignore the above I think that I have just about got me head around why a MAC may work in this situation.
scootie
Grafter

no probs its taken me awhile to read though her terms and condtions to try and see if this situation is possable and cant see why not.
o2 customer services said it was o.k but then again they would pretty much say anything.
it may or not work but iam trying this route as i dont want my sister having to pay all that monney when theres just 3 months left on her contract.
scootie
Grafter

I know that isp's have to issue a MAC code within 5 days.
But on average how long does it take?
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

When I rang up to get a MAC to leave BT I was given one immediately (well after a couple of minutes trying to persuade me to stay with them). I think it varies a lot between ISPs.
scootie
Grafter

End of 3rd working day and still no mac code Sad .
2 working days left before ofcom code is breached
got a feeling that pn are waiting till the last minute to dish the mac code out. in the hope that the migration gets delyed over the chistmas period and they get more subs.
well my sister has to be out her flat on a set date. and if plusnet dont get the mac code within the 5 working days she will have to cancel her service and pay the early contract leave or i cancel plusnet service full stop and move hers that way. in that case i would certnely not return to plusnet.
scootie
Grafter

repect to plusnet. just had a call from pn with my mac code Wink
scootie
Grafter

well i have'nt got to put up with o2's network for 3 months any more. :).
which company was it that did the survey that saw them top for customer satsifaction?. what a joke.
1st call i made was to find if doing a house move onto a line with broaadband all ready on it was possable with a mac code. reply YES
asked if its ok even if the o2 account holder name was not same as the bt line holder name reply YES.
so i get my mac code from PN give it to my sister so she can get o2 to do the house move.
the reply she got was NO not unless its a fresh line.
thanks o2 for the lie.
and i all so think they have lied to my sister again as she asked what the sum total would be if she canceled at start of janaray. to be told oh we can keep your account running till end of contract (march) all you have to do is pay your monthly subs and no dissconection fee.
so the problem i see in that is when my sister cancels her BT landline the broadband will be disconnected to at same time and for some reason i dont think o2 would absorb the 50 pound dissconection fee. so i reakon thats the second lie from o2.
my sisters not over joyed but i am over the moon now my line stays with plusnet. added a comment on the mac code ticket saying i was staying and got a call from pn cancelations dept. offering a wee sweeter for 3 months or a really nice sweeter if i sign for another 12 months. i have no plans to leave for next year only was leaving for 3 months to save my sister some monney so signed on the dotted line.

plus net i wish you would stop impressing me with your service. ive never bein a loyal customer to any bigish company in my life before. Wink
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

welcome back, you can dust down the XBOX again now  Cheesy
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'