cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

latenecy doubled at 0700 Today speed drop of 20%

amcclean
Rising Star

Re: latenecy doubled at 0700 Today speed drop of 20%

For various reasons I am on my thrird router in the last month.  My wired latency on fttp is never really below high 30ms to 40s ms.

Is such a number normal for fttp.  Line speed is generally 30Mbs
Podman
g3uiss
Grafter

Chris
Support asked for some screen shots of the BTW test connected to the modem. I have supplied these and attached for you. As you can see nothing has improved, although the TTB graphs so little activity on the line.
Cheers
Tony
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Thanks for the screenshots, I can see that they've been updated onto the ticket.
Faults should be back in touch very shortly.
g3uiss
Grafter

Chris
Thanks for your help. However this is my response to the ticket.
Daniel
Thanks. I cant agree entirely, and I do appreciate this is likely a BTOR issue. The line has returned a sync rate (as quoted on your portal) 23.8 for 12 months with an IP profile on the BT test site of 23.10. This was until last Friday when all fell by 20% and the latency went up by 50%. This line has a history. When I signed up the quoted expected speed was 35mb, but due to an error with the dslchecker this was never achieved. They later, after I had committed, changed the predictions to 23.8 max and 17 Min. I was happy to live with this but at this further drop, its no longer good value. I have an ADSL2 line with you, at half the cost performing nearly as well. So yes I will monitor, but I am disappointed. The situation is made worse by the long time it takes to get thru on the phone, and the response time to the online ticket system,. Only 9 months and I'm out of contract, and off else where ! Thanks for running the tests. Tony
Its a shame that the forum responds quicker than the Digital Care Team !
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry that you feel that moving away is going to be of benefit.
We are the Digital Care Team who work the Forums, I assume that you were referring to the Faults Team who work to update tickets.
g3uiss
Grafter

Chris
I'm sorry yes I mean the forums are great and understanding. I know also that moving away eventually wont solve the issue, but its the frustration of contact, and times on hold. You guys here are great.
On this fault I really believe the DLM has taken the action and likely it will go back. The stats are all a bit up the creek ! Your first showed the min./max, but the average was less, not mathematically right I think. Also the BT stats I posted also have weird figures as well as being in red supposedly indicating a fault !
I recently had an issue on my other Plus Net phone and it took 40 minis on a mobile to get thru !
I will monitor it,
Still any suggestions to get it back are welcome
Tony
g3uiss
Grafter

Chris
Its dropped the PPP 3 times this evening, but not the line. I have lost some more speed on the download. Can you see my "Barrier" so I can fathom when the DLM might look at my line again.

THE BTW test still shows my speed below the accepted range, although for the line speed its about right. So my question really is the DLM going to put my line speed back to where it was
Tony
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi g3uiss,
Sorry to hear the issues are still ongoing.
I can see that Ticket: 86747649 has been returned to our Faults team following your update on the ticket. We cannot confirm when DLM will look at your line again, unfortunately, however, I believe that once DLM checks over your line again it should make any changes required to make your line stable. Please wait for our Faults team to update the ticket with any further information and if you require further assistance from us do let us know!
g3uiss
Grafter

Linn
I will await the faults team. Thanks for your help. I guess if the DLM takes the interleaved off I will be back 100% right and where the BT check site days I should be.
Thanks
Tony
g3uiss
Grafter

Linn
The faults team have just closed the ticket. Their reasons are not really plausible, although they have to give reassurances re response times to tickets and phone calls.
I believe the DLM put me on low interleaving, 11 days ago, giving me a increased latency and speed drop. The sync speed as quoted on your portal has increased slightly, and I suspect one day the DLM will put me back. I think that sort of answer would have been more acceptable than the one quoted about more users etc. Your own tests show cross talk is not affecting the line, and the speed ranges quoted by BTOR assume cross talk of 30% I think.
My point is you guys here are great, but support leaves a bit of a bitter taste, caused mainly by the initial response times, and a "Catchall response"
Still I believe BTOR will attend if speed drops by more than 25%, I'm not that far off now
Tony
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Tony,
BT Openreach will consider a fault if speeds drop by 25% or more. As your speeds are just above that, it's not considered a fault, as you've said. Perhaps the way that our Support Team have put that across as well as a few other reasoning's could have been better explained - I'll feed that back.
If your speeds do drop into the 25% threshold, let us know and we'll do all we can to get that looked into further for you.
g3uiss
Grafter

Thanks Chris
Tony
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

My speed is a bit pathetic too...
(April 1st - current day - hourly basis)

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Have you raised a fault with us if there's a problem with your line?
g3uiss
Grafter

Chris
I have one question. According to the BTW test my IP profile is now 19.85 Mbps. According to your excellent article that would mean my Sync speed is around 20.5 Mbps. However the speed shown as line speed on your portal is 19.8. Where is the missing 700 ?
Tony