cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lag every night this week so far!

Blim
Grafter

lag every night this week so far!

Ever night so far this week has been lagy.

adie:green fixed link and img tags
7 REPLIES 7
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: lag every night this week so far!

I'm sure you know about the problems affecting some gateways - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,111057.0.html
Blim
Grafter

No Ive not seen anything. I had a quick look at the status page but nothing specific caught my eye.
The only thing that stands out to me is the time of day. It would seem the only time I get to play with my friend online is in peak times around 9pm and this is the only time of day I see spikes.
It wasn't fun playing under those conditions last night.
Edit: sry can't spell.
lowlatency
Grafter

you think yours is bad  Grin

I know about all theese problems they are having with some gateways but this has been going on since I joined plusnet
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

As you've seen we're stopping the spikes pretty quickly after they begin, but it's that they are happening at all that we need to fix.
We took a link out of service last week as it was flapping and causing packet loss, we'll be making some config changes to this part of the network later today this is going to be put into a test environment.
This is one of a number of changes and tests we've performed over the last few weeks and we continue to give this our focus along with our vendors until the issues are resolved.
Other than that we're still working on a larger scale plan to resolve these issues and should be able to give you a summary over the next few days
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

FYI, we're doing some more work tomorrow morning to try and help alleviate the problem:
http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1360258611.htm
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Blim
Grafter

Ok, thanks for the reply Chris.