cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lack of common sense

johnd07
Grafter

lack of common sense

after having issue with speed and contacted customer support many time and jumping though the hoops that they ask you todo each time you call i finally found a plus net member of staff who was willing to listen{ a very rare thing at plus net } we did the normal tests with ethernet cable plugged and was getting.0.7 , i noticed that the wifi channel had changed because of a power outage from channel 1 to channel 6 because it was on automatic so changed the channel back to channel 1 and set it on manual and my speed went upto 3.8 with ethernet cable plugged to which  the tech support person came to say i will send you a new router as the one you have is faulty which is what i said on sunday but was told it cannot be the router thanks plus net for letting sort my own problem out , moral of this story don't give up if you have a problem and remind them that they are there to help customers nice people to talk too but a lack of common sense  i have found there advice as useful as a chocolate fireguard, will wait to see what plus net staff on here have in the way of excuse i bet it starts with we at plus net try etc etc
17 REPLIES 17
James
Grafter

Re: lack of common sense

Hi John,
There's absolutely no way that changing wireless channel would have any impact on your speeds via ethernet.
Whilst I'm glad you're sorted, this sounds horribly coincidental! This isn't about common sense, but more of a fluke to be honest! Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I thought Adam had offered to send you a router from here to test and see if that was causing the issues earlier in the week? http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,105850.msg903482.html#msg903482
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
agentgonzo
Grafter

Also, I think the full-stop key on your keyboard may be broken  Wink
johnd07
Grafter

thank you chris for advice about my keyboard...................... no i think the keyboard is working ok . yes adam offered me another router saying that he had tested it and if mine was proved to not work properly we can come to a arrange about how much i would have to pay for it , as the router you i.e pn is less than 2 months old why should i pay for a router ? . i thank you for pointing the finger yet again at the customer , i think that to have the attitude that it is a fluke that the wireless make difference to speed tell me that you knowledge base is limited and maybe sometimes you should  think outside the box , i think that your tech support  staff get it right on 90% of the time but get caught in the circle , if at one point you are getting 5mb at the router it goes down to 1.2 and you get a lot of loss of service but you tell me i have
e had a content service for about 5days also I'm getting a line speed of +4mb it tells me that the router may be at flault , now that I'm waiting for a new router from plus net at no cost to me will see and if aim wrong i will  be the first to say sorry , i hope you are man enough to do the same
Heloman
Grafter

Quote from: johnd07
, i think that to have the attitude that it is a fluke that the wireless make difference to speed tell me that you knowledge base is limited and maybe sometimes you should  think outside the box

If, as you say, you had ethernet  plugged in then there is absolutely no way that a changed wireless channel could affect your speed, - as James has quite rightly already said.
I think that it is not PN staff who have  a " limited knowledge base".
Sad
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I would remind posters of this rule http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html#post_troll
Trolling
A troll is a person who posts inflammatory messages, to disrupt the discussion or to upset its participants. The word, or its derivative, "trolling", is also used to describe such messages or the act of posting them. This behaviour will not be tolerated

Criticising a posters grammar or spelling clearly can come under that.
I have removed the latest post of this type.
Please do not do it again
johnd07
Grafter

thank you old jim i am not the best at grammar or spelling  , but i have jumped though all the hoops that pn asked me too , to say that my router cannot do what it is doing is frankly head in the sand , every day things happen that should not or be able to happen , as i have said the support staff are very polite and helpful but are not able or allowed to think out of the box
James
Grafter

You are incorrect I am afraid. Wireless channel has *absolutely nothing* to do with ethernet speed.
What I have said is correct and nothing to do with either the seaside or sand.
johnd07
Grafter

ok james i now know why pn could not sort out my speed issue , with short sighted management & the arrogance that you have shown me . i feel let down by the management of pn , i would ask you to call me in person to discuss this matter and call me a liar to my face , if you are saying that it can't happen why has one of your tech support sending me out a new router ? .i am now getting good speed if i set my router to channel 1 if i put it on auto it goes to channel 6 and i get slow speeds , and i can't do a speed test at speed tester.bt.net but if i go to manual channel 1 i can , i know it should not alter the results but it does , frankly I'm upset that i have to keep explaining myself and also getting abuse from pn management , by dismissing my problem pn manages are showing a lack of leadership skills
FoolishlyWise
Grafter

frankly I'm upset that i have to keep explaining myself and also getting abuse from pn management

If your refering to the posts on this thread as abuse, dude trust me this isnt. We were just pointing out how wireless hasnt got nothing to do with wired!
Its a coincidence regarding wired and wireless dude. Flukes happen.
Plusnet staff are usually always awesome so I dont think they have a lack of common sense as per this thread. But I may be wrong, everyone does have their own opinions at the end of the day about Plusnet eh.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi johnd07,
Judging by what you say about the performance on different wireless channels it maybe worth using something like inSSIDer which can show you the wireless channels that aren't being heavily used.
Jojo Smiley
James
Grafter

i would ask you to call me in person to discuss this matter

Thanks for your time on the phone John.
johnd07
Grafter

thank you for your time james , i hope this has now been sorted .
johnd07
Grafter

a quick update , i got my replacement router this afternoon super fast delivery thank you , my speed has gone up to 5.5 as shown by screenshot this was preformed using wireless , once again thank you for all your help