cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keep loosing connection

dpop-03

keep loosing connection

My TV keeps pausing and my internet connection is slow and my son is complaining he keeps getting kicked off COD because of lagging... today the router has been flashing orange but quickly goes back to blue.  changed from BT to PlusNet because of the cheaper price but regretting it as it wasn't this bad with BT ... I have tried the advised checks to make sure its all connected up properly, I'm not very technically minded so I do find it confusing. 

14 REPLIES 14
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: keep loosing connection

Welcome to the forums, @dpop-03 . Before I try and make suggestions, can you confirm you are definitely on an ADSL connection? If you actually have FTTC, the advice will differ.

John
dpop-03

Hello thanks for the reply, I have ADSL
jab1
Legend

OK - I had to check.Smiley

Plusnet staff support, like the phone service, is still severely restricted. If you would like help from the community, a good starting point is to have a look at This post and supply as much detail from it as possible.

It would also be a good idea to carry out a 'Quiet Line Test' - dial 17070 from a (preferably corded) phone and select option 2 - there should be no discernable noise. If there is, report a phone fault first, as without a clear phone connection, your broadband will not perform correctly.

It may be an idea to also report your lines capabilities - please post your results from THIS site, but ensure your phone number is obscured/hidden.

If you reply to this topic with as much detail as possible, there are plenty of experienced members who can advise on possible remedies.

John
CC99

Feel your pain, I switched from Sky after about 6 years with them, absolutely no problems.

in the month or so I’ve had plusnet it’s been a nightmare, I’ve lost a whole days work today because the connection keeps dropping out, massively frustrating - have you managed to resolve your issue if so how.

jab1
Legend

@CC99 The OP hasn't been back since the 24th, so I'm guessing they have either totally lost connection, found another route and not bothered to say so, or have been busy elsewhere.

To try and help you - are you an ADSL or FTTC customer, and what self-help have you tried?

John
schalloner111

Hi. Same here. I returned to Plusnet a few weeks ago after being with talktalk for years. Tonight I lost internet connection again- this is the second time. It's also a bit irritating being referred to a web site for help when you have no connection.

jab1
Legend

@schalloner111 Same questions as those to @CC99  - and - to both of you: it is not useful to 'piggy-back' on another posters topic. Even if your situation appears the same, it confuses both the OP and those trying to help. You should really start your own  topics, with a bit of detail included, if you genuinely want help.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Rather than adding to an existing thread it’s much better to start a new thread and put any relevant information in it.
This will help staff and other forum members to help you Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jab1
Legend

Thought that was what I said above, @dvorak - although not phrased quite so politely.😁

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Your reply wasn’t there when I started composing… things got in the way 🤪
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
schalloner111

Sorry- I obviously haven't digested the rules and regulations of the 'community' properly. Thanks for the warm welcome.

jab1
Legend

That's OK, @schalloner111 - but I always check forum policies if I join a new one, and naively thought others might.

Anyway, if you start your own topic, maybe other Community members can offer help?

John
schalloner111

Actually I was being sarcastic. When I get the time I'll certainly read the policies and procedures. Is there an exam? Fortunately the broadband seems to have resolved itself. If it disappears again I'll rely on trial and error to fix it in case.

jab1
Legend

Ignoring your first comment, but trial and error is not the quickest way to resolve internet problems, unless you have a reasonable understanding of the workings and take a methodical approach.

I have always found, where technology is involved, it is less frustrating to ask people who have an understanding of the subject.

John