cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jayvxr - disconnection problem

jayvxr

jayvxr - disconnection problem

...maybe i will get some help here!
I have been in constant contact with the help centre via phone for the last 4 weeks plus, and still i have no answers but still a useless internet service!!
We are gamers (using the xbox 360) and it is getting so bad we cant play our games for any length of time without lagging/ being kicked from the server. When this happens our PC/ laptop or Ipod also loses internet connection so is no fault with the xbox.
I have purchased a new router from you, tried the test socket, replaced micro filters but still this happens daily! Last night for example our connection was completely lost at 10pm, and again at 12.30. Prior/ in between and after we just suffer with a serious lag.
We have been with Plusnet for over 18months and have always praised the service, we do not believe our telephone line is faulty as 'sometimes' our connection is fine but evenings & nights are terrible. We have not been shown 'excellent customer service' in fact on more than 1 occasion we have been promised callbacks - and we are still waiting for those.....
We have contacted Sky & received a quote to add broadband/phone line to our TV subscription, and this is what will happen unless our problem is solved!!!
4 REPLIES 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: jayvxr - disconnection problem

HI jayvxr,
I've been and had a word with one of our faults managers and asked them to get someone to take a good look into this for you.
Jojo Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Have you been able to perform any of the tests you talked about with our support team? They're detailed at http://faults.plus.net - if you could run through that it'd be great and would ensure that our faults team investigate for you as soon as possible. I'd recommend doing so as it does seem that the line is still dropping.
Alternatively let us know if you hear noises on the phone line (hisses, pops and crackles) and we'll get a phone fault raised for you instead - if the line is noisy that'll be what's causing the broadband to drop so fixing that should sort it.
David_W
Rising Star

I think they've tried the usual diagnostics Matt..
I have purchased a new router from you, tried the test socket, replaced micro filters but still this happens daily!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

In which case all we need is a fault raising Smiley Probably fastest done through the link I posted previously but our CSC can sort it if a call is made.