cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is web mail working for all?

boavon
Grafter

is web mail working for all?

Tried webmail on 2 different computers - but same router.  Although I can see the messages, when I attempt to open any message - including old ones in sent folder, etc., I get page not available for unknown reasons.  Is anyone else having similar problems? I should add, other plus.net e-mail boxes on same account on same computers are not having a problem.  Should I raise a ticket?
6 REPLIES 6
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: is web mail working for all?

Hi there,
We've had a few customers report similar, but as yet we've found the problem pretty tricky to replicate. An internal problem has been open though (ref:53042) and our network engineers are aware of the issue.
We suspected that the problem was isolated to a handful of accounts so we'd be interested to hear from anyone else that's also experiencing this problem.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

boavon
Grafter

Very Many Thanks Bob.  It is so nice to hear that I am not alone Smiley  I was beginning to doubt my sanity - after doubting my equipment first of course!  I'll leave your guys to it - but don't envy them the task of finding the needle.
terminal
Grafter

getting the same here, click on a message in the inbox and just get a blank screen (in firefox)  looks like the same problem we had just over a month ago, posted in forum  here
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,66522.0.html
the service status that was raised at the time was
Webmail Problems (52505) - NEW
We have received reports from a number of customers who are unable to view messages using our Webmail service.
When selecting a message for viewing a blank screen or page cannot be displayed error is displayed.
Our network engineers are aware of the problem and are working towards resolution.
Further details will be provided as they become available.
Kind Regards,
Bob Pullen
Customer Support

and resolved
Webmail Problems (52505) - RESOLVED
This is an update to the previously reported problem viewing messages using our Webmail service. A copy of the original announcement can be seen here:-
http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1215759559.htm
Our network engineers have identified the cause of the problem and a fix has been applied. Customers should now be able to view their messages as normal.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
Kind Regards,
Bob Pullen
Customer Support
boavon
Grafter

I'm giving up for tonight, it's late.  One for the engineers in the morning, I guess.  Terminator has done great detective work, now its just  a case I gues of the enginneers backtracking the links and repeating the fix - or perhaps I'm being a tad cynical.  It would be nice not to have another repeat - or at least if it does repeat a quicker fix.
boavon
Grafter

Now back working for me this morning.  Either engineers were in early, or the fault is intermittent, and/or I've been routed to a mirrored server perhaps?  Anyway, off to work now so will check back tonight.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: terminal
getting the same here, click on a message in the inbox and just get a blank screen (in firefox)  looks like the same problem we had just over a month ago, posted in forum  here
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,66522.0.html

Yeah, I picked up on that too. The only thing we found then mind you was a single user with corrupted database preferences. Once we'd fixed this the problem was left open for monitoring but no further examples were forthcoming. The engineers investigating are aware this isn't the first time we've seen this.
Anyways, I've reposted the Service Status announcement and we should hopefully have some more news on this later today.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵