cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is my speed locked with BT?

chrisoldinho
Grafter

is my speed locked with BT?

Hi - everytime my router sync's it gets the exact same speed 2272, this is irrelivant of whether i force adsl1 or the default adsl2.
I've read on Kitz.co.uk that your profile can get locked with BT and you sometimes need to ask you're ISP force a "flush" so that it can sync at different speeds.
Only concern is that I was syncing comfortably at 2848kbps previously and now i'm at 2272 which is effectively reducing my download rate by 0.5mb.
Im not asking for an IP profile change here, just checking if I have a stuck bRAS profile?
Also, not sure why but I can download at around 220kb/sec when my IP profile is locked to 200kbps and BT also indicate this, further confirmation that my line can support additional download speeds Smiley
Thanks, Chris.
1 REPLY 1
Denzil
Grafter

Re: is my speed locked with BT?

Not sure I can help with the stuck sync rate, but I think I can shed some light on the download speeds.
Your IP profile is 2000kbps i.e. bits (small b) per second. Your download speed is being shown in kBps i.e. bytes (big B) per second. There are 8 bits in a byte. 2000kbps=250kBps, thus a real download speed of 220kBps is just what you would expect.