cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to raise speed?

iqramhafezji
Dabbler

is it possible to raise speed?

i was just looking at what bt can offer and it says 54.6 mbs. Is it possible to raise my fibre broadband to that speed?. if yes please can plus net member raise it for me thank you.  Im attaching screen shots of what I'm receiving currently and what bt says i can have.
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: is it possible to raise speed?

duplicate post removed - the dreaded forum lurgi struck again  Roll_eyes
If you run the BT speed test - further diagnostics it will tell you your IP profile and that is probably as good as you are going to get
markm9
Grafter

Hi  iqramhafezji,
Like you my estimated line speed has risen, when i enquired about moving my speed to match this, i was told its not that easy for fibre, and if needed raise a 'fault', i decided against this!
iqramhafezji
Dabbler

well i be honest with you mark i've had it done before, i haven't raise any fault. check this post http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,115739.msg998479.html#msg998479
dick:quote
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

You were incorrectly provisioned last time.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
markm9
Grafter

Thanks for that, my estimated line speed has risen to 59 down, and 18.6 up, but the best i can achieve is about 51 down, and 16 up, not complaining as service has been first class, just thought it would be easy to optimise the setting to best of my  lines ability, as obviously something has happened at my cabinet to increase my speed.
iqramhafezji
Dabbler

why did you go against raising a fault? is there any down side raising a fault?
I will just give plusnet a call at some point when i can be asked, I don't really need that much speed so I may not bother.
markm9
Grafter

No reason, im happy with speed, but as estimated line speed had risen, i thought fibre was similar to adsl, speed rises after re-boot of router/ modem.