cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone and sending mail

sarahr

iphone and sending mail

I have hunted round the boards for other info on this, but trying to implement what I found hasn't worked - so I've presumably done it wrong.
Basically I need to know what settings I need to put into my iPhone to be able to send mail from my plusnet account when I'm away from my home WiFi network.  (I'm using MacMail on Leopard when at home and that's all fine.)
Thanks
Sarah
3 REPLIES 3
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: iphone and sending mail

You need to use relay.plus.net as an authenticated server (but do not tick any boxes that say use Secure Password Authentication) and  use your main username & password (used to log into Plusnet website) and not the username & password for the mailbox in use.
It is probably easier to set up these details within Mac Mail & then synchronise the settings on your iPhone when you connect it to  iTunes. If you edit the relay.plus.net server details & click on the advanced tab & select 'Password' as the authentication method. Then input your UserName & Password.
Primus

Quote from: ruslyn
You need to use relay.plus.net as an authenticated server

Is there a charge each time you send your Plusnet mail through "relay.plus.net" on the iPhone?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Not by PN, and I guess you have data usage in your contract then there won't be any charges at all.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'