cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ip profile

noddy8
Grafter

ip profile

Hi I seem to remember in the past when ip profile increased the speed increased as well but I've noticed even though my profile has gone up the download rate stays the same . I'm sure I never had to do a re-sync in the past for it to take affect or am I wrong ? cheers 

8 REPLIES 8
noddy8
Grafter

Re: ip profile

or is my line capped ?

ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

IP Profile is set by sync speed.

sync speed is highest, then ip profile then download rate.

The download rate may also be affected by other factors (congestion etc)

noddy8
Grafter

thanks for the reply it's that I know my IP profile has been raised according to the BT wholesale test but it's not kicked in where as in the past the increased download speed was my first indication that the IP had been raised

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi noddy8,

I have checked your connection and I can see your profile was set to 2Mbps but i have now changed that to 3Mbps as this is the maximum you can receive on your line connection.

noddy8
Grafter

thank you but the download speed seems to be stuck at  the rate you would expect of a 1.5 profile even after you've changed it perhaps it's my router I'll wait an see cheers

noddy8
Grafter

is it possible to find out what sort of connection would be best for my line e.g. ADSL2 , ADSL max etc ? taking into account the limited option from my exchange .

noddy8
Grafter

also I have a new router on order so it would be useful for setting it up

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

OK is this a shop bought router you'll be using? OK if this hasn't changed can you just quickly run through these checks from this link and then let me know how you get on https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/