cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet has been down for too long, getting sick of plusnet

deadpool118

internet has been down for too long, getting sick of plusnet

I have had a pretty good service from Plusnet since starting my contract in august, but recently 'upgrades' which were made to my broadband on Monday have caused major issues, resulting in no internet since then.
This has caused serious issues for me, due to this falling on top of me during my most important week of my university term.
I've rang up numerous times, and whilst I have received a fair amount of help, I am still stuck without a service which I pay for.
Tests were ran earlier today, but Plusnet informed me my router was off whilst I was away...but, its been kept on for the past three days to ensure access to my line.  Now, I have to apparently wait 24-48 hours to get this tested again, on the line exchange.
I realise there's a large amount of problems needing fixing elsewhere, being without the internet for almost a week is preposterous, and not something Plusnet should be proud of.
please help me get this issue fixed a lot earlier, because at this rate I cant see myself continuing with Plusnet unit my next year, yet alone recommend the service.
I'd anybody can help, please do. I am I'm desparate need of getting this fixed!
4 REPLIES 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: internet has been down for too long, getting sick of plusnet

HI deadpool118,
As per our conversation, I'll have one of our faults guys pick this up now for you.
Jojo Smiley
deadpool118

Thank you for that, no answer as of yet but i hopefully await a call soon regarding any success!
deadpool118

I've got a BT engineer popping over later to fix the issue, but please can Plusnet inform me that he has actually completed it? Last time an engineer was fixing my line, I got no contact from him or even Plusnet regarding whether or not the internet had been sorted. 
I sincerely hope that one does arrive today, because I was informed on Thursday that one would appear on Friday - and this has left me without the internet for the weekend, and I'm worried that I won't be using it any time soon.
To be honest, I can't say I'm that happy with Plusnet's service regarding this problem.  I realise it takes time allocating slots for customers, but not having any internet for a week - and then only hearing of an engineer come and fix it by Thursday wasn't exactly impressive. 
In regards to payment, I totally understand paying for my normal phone line - but I can't understand paying the full whack next week when the problem has cost me money on my phone bills, and my electricity bills.
Again, please get this finally sorted today.  I'd really like to recommend Plusnet to others, as your customer service does have it's benefits - but being treated like this isn't something I can exactly praise.
Cheers!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
The fault notes are stating that the engineer has been dispatched as of approx. 12:25 so he should be on his way out. With regard to paying for the service, unfortunately we are likewise charged for the service when it's not working so can't reimburse you I'm afraid.
Please let us know how the engineer's visit goes, thanks.