Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet extremely slow and dropping out for the last couple of weeks

Josemacias
Dabbler

internet extremely slow and dropping out for the last couple of weeks

Hi, 

I am having issues with my internet since I started working from home a couple of weeks ago. initially I thought it may be that there's more traffic during the day as more people are at home due to the current covid situation but even at night when the traffic shouldn't have changed it is really bad, to the point where my my Fire Tv or chromecast dont connect and even browsing or reading emails during the day is imposible. I have run some random speed test and I am getting a speed of between 1 and 2 Mb. 

I'd like to know if this is a known problem or it is only happening to me due to some issues on my side. 

I had problems in December and an engineer found some kind of "blockage" in my line which was fixed and everything was fine until around 2 weeks ago.

thanks for your help. 

Jose

6 REPLIES 6
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: internet extremely slow and dropping out for the last couple of weeks

@Josemacias

I've checked the connection this side and it looks like the signal strength for your line is set too low which explains when your devices seem connected but nothing loads up or you just get buffing.

The good news is it's a fairly easy fix and I have placed an order to up your signal strength which should complete in the next hour. If you then turn the router off and then on again in a hour or later the connection should be back to normal for you.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
Josemacias
Dabbler

Thank you for your reply. I’ve turned the router off and back on but the problem seems to persist. Still not able to connect to anything on any device.
crewmeal
Hooked

Hi I too have severe speed problems in the B67 area. I can't even update software and have to rely on 4G to even type this email. I can't even get through to Plusnet as I believe your staff are on lockdown. The current speed is less than 1mb. I can't even get wholesale BT to give me an accurate reading.

Please help!

mdias

Hi having a similar problem. Line dropping day & night. 

Occurs when connected to master plug also.

WOuld be grateful for advice

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @Josemacias

Sorry to hear of the problems with your broadband.

If you haven't already done so, I would first advise having a run through our troubleshooting steps here and getting your router connected into the test socket for the time being as shown here.

If the issues then persist, please log a fault here with us and if you let us know once done, we can investigate further.  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
Josemacias
Dabbler

Hi Katie,

I believe the fault has been raised by one of your colleagues. They opened a question on my plusnet account and are dealing with it (I think). Last thing they sent me was a graph of my connection dropping off constantly. However one said they have escalated it with the faults team and another said I have to raise the fault myself. Which one is it? I wouldnt want to duplicate fault reports And confuse things.

Thanks for your help