cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet down

plustrev
Grafter

internet down

I wonder if someone can help my relative.

Yesterday she started changing all of her passwords, including plusnet. After changing the plusnet one it seemed to automatically update the router settings as the internet worked for about 4 hours. 

Then no internet and a red light on the thompson tg585 "internet" the "broadband" light was still green.

Would that indicate a problem with the password or perhaps coincidentally a problem with the service.

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
TedT
Grafter
Fixes: 3

Re: internet down

Hi Plustrev

Obviously I don't have any details for your friend off hand but it does sound like an authentication issue.

They will need to log into the router settings on 192.168.1.254 and into basic settings, and broadband - from there they should be able to change the pasword

We know they might not have internet but they can still view that page from a Wireless or Ethernet connetion

They could even just try a factory reset to see if that helps.

Regards

Kev

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Kevin T
 Plusnet Help Team
plustrev
Grafter

Re: internet down

Thanks for the reply.

I could not change the password as I mentioned in the OP it seemed as if it had automatically updated to the new one for about 4 hours of use.

When I tried it would not recognise the old password as presumably it is now the updated new password!

However I have a spare Thompson and have put her details in and tried it on my plusnet internet and it works so I will visit and change over.

Thanks again.