cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet connection dropping out

chappa121170
Hooked

internet connection dropping out

Hi i have this internet dropping out problem im been ran around by both online chat and calling on my phone

several days ago i was asked to swap the connection to the "test socket" this has been done and its still dropping the connection between 5 and 15 times per day so much so its making me rethink weather i should move to another provider i want the line testing and checking to see what the fault is on my line

8 REPLIES 8
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: internet connection dropping out

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there @chappa121170 I am sorry to hear you're having connection problems. I've tested your line and I'm not identifying the cause of the drops. I'd advise to complete the broadband troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net

Let us know on here once you've done that and I'll progress the fault as soon as I can.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
chappa121170
Hooked

since i put new router on its been stable fingers crossed it was old thompson router that wasnt performing like it should

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Fingers crossed it remains that way
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
williams1963

I am having the exact same problem, just waiting for an engineer if he /her  tells me there is nothing wrong, (which I highly expect him/her to say) then I am paying to get out of my contract and going, fed up with the service from Plusnet and being run around the house, the blany that they are obviously reading from a script stinkks of bull doo doo.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi @williams1963

Apologies that you're having connection issues. Unfortunately although the symptoms may be similar, the underlying cause can vary massively.

I've checked over your account and can see an engineer visit was arranged. The line does appear be be stable for nearly 24 hours since this now, if you do continue to have issues please get back to us and let us know.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
williams1963

It would appear according to the engineer that it was your fault all along, something about the provider only sending a signal strength of 3 down the line when it should be at least a 6, he (the engineer) has now boosted it back u to a 6 and I also gained a meg of speed
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That sounds like they've altered the SNR on the line, this is something that is controlled automatically by the dynamic line management in the exchange and should automatically update depending on the line conditions. If this is too low then it can cause disconnections, raising it will often cause the speed to drop. I'm very glad they found the issue for you and resolved this.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.