cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittent broadband connection oct 2012

becabwca

intermittent broadband connection oct 2012

i know 3 /4 others that have had similar problems & im sure its something 'bigger' than being my router!
1 REPLY 1
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: intermittent broadband connection oct 2012

As I remarked about your comment on the other persons thread, there can be a multitude or reasons for this. There will be thousands of users around the country all with different ISP's and different types of connection, with one fault or another that will result in a similar effect, and as such your conspiracy theory doesn't hold water and I have asked a mod to remove your unfortunately pointless poll.
In today's "self-install" broadband environment, there are a number of checks that End Users need to go through to try and establish the cause and location of the problem. If this was not done, we'd all have to pay a lot more for our broadband. The other reason for such checks is to be sure it's not your own equipment or internal wiring, because if an engineer needs to attend and find the problem is not external and caused by your own equipment you could face the bill for the visit, typically around £60.
If you could describe you problem and your setup in more detail forum members here (like myself) can see what extra help they can give you.
Do you have a current Fault ticket open with Plusnet? If so what steps have been taken so far?
How often does your fault occur, how long has it been going on, does it occur at particular times of day, does there seem to be any pattern? Perhaps a member of Plusnet's Digital Care Team (DCT) can post your visual Connection log.
What type of service do you have - FTTC (Fibre to the Cab), ADSL (the earlier technology still used on smaller often rural exchanges) or ADSL2+ (the later technology) ?
Do you have a Master Socket that looks like any of those? Do you have any hard wired extension sockets and do you use Microfilters that look like this and are they plugged into all sockets that are used?
What make and model of modem/router do you have and is it plugged directly into a filter, no extension leads, and is the filter plugged straight into a fixed socket and which one?
Can you copy and paste into a post the following - If you could post your current modem/router ADSL stats, which if it's a Thomson, you will typically find here - click on view more. Also the results of a BT Speedtester (Diagnostics) and your Current Line speed (Login required) that will help us judge what is going on.
If your modem/router is not a Thomson, see http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php for help on how to find the stats.
That's probably enough for starters!